PC1555MX Trouble lights 3/4/5/6 after default reset (Not from *2)

Old 09-09-15, 09:20 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PC1555MX Trouble lights 3/4/5/6 after default reset (Not from *2)

Hi,

I have reset factory default on a DSC PC1555MX system (to change the installer code back to 5555) and now the Lights for "Trouble", Zone 3/4/5/6 are all solid on during normal condition. Would anyone please help and tell me how to resolve it? I am sure that those zone are closed (All windows/Doors are closed). The system worked before I reset it (no trouble lights).

I know I can press *2 and look up the trouble from the trouble code table. Zone 8 light was on with *2 and I have already reset the clock. Now there is no trouble lights on when I press *2.

Anyone's helps are highly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-09-15, 03:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Those are "zone open" lights, actually:

DSC: I defaulted my panel and now all of the zones show "open".
A lot of DSC panel installers choose to not use the End of Line Resistors (for a myriad of reasons) and instead choose to use a feature in the programming that turns off the requirement. When the panel is defaulted, this requirement is turned back on.

The specific location that has to be changed will vary by model, but will usually be in the system options sections of the program.

On the most common, the "Power series" panels (PC 1555, PC 5010, PC 5020, PC 1616, PC 1832, PC 1864, and their variants), this will be programming location 13 where you turn ON Option 1 to disable the need for resistors.
From: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html

Old 09-10-15, 07:46 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I read through the FAQ before but I missed that part. I did not notice it because the Zone 1 light did not show anything when I open or close the front door. That's why I thought the solid lights 3/4/5/6 mean something else. (There is even no zone 6 in the setup)

I will give it a try today and I really appreciate your help.

Old 09-10-15, 10:11 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
They may have zone 1 set up as something like a smoke or panic button zone that always has an end of line resistor, so it showed closed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: