Need Help! ADT Safewatch Pro Custom chirp/error

Old 09-12-15, 05:42 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need Help! ADT Safewatch Pro Custom chirp/error

Hi Everyone!

Recently moved into a new house that has a pretty nice ADT Safewatch Pro Custom (all wireless) installed. 2 of the sensors had been damaged so I was able to remove them from the system (using installer codes and help from other forums). However, I'm worried I might have pressed a few wrong buttons during the process...I woke up this morning to a chirp roughly every 30 seconds that I was able to stop once I disarmed the system a couple of times.

My question is this: the top left of the screen on the keypad has the number "1" which it never did before....also, the "Ready" LED occasionally turns off and then turns back on. Does anyone know what the number "1" is referring to and if I can get rid of it? Is it a partition? Any help would be greatly appreciated--thank you.

Old 09-12-15, 06:36 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
It's referring to the partition. Could you have accidentally changed the keypad partition assignment to "common" in programming location *190, or assigned a zone to multiple partitions?

A "ADT Safewatch Pro 3000" is a modified Vista 20p.
Installer manual: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf.

For the ready turning off and on; press * to show what zone is open.

User manual: http://www.security.honeywell.com/do...a15p_20pUM.pdf

Old 09-12-15, 07:02 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply MrRonFL. It's definitely possible I fatfingered a partition accidentally. I was doing some of the programming last night and it started chirping at round 6:30 this morning.

I have the main keypad downstairs and a secondary keypad upstairs....what's the best way to delete or correct this partition problem so it goes back to the way it was?

Old 09-12-15, 10:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Double check any changes you made and compare the zones to other, pre-existing zones. It's a "one of these things is not like the other" sort of problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: