DSC Impassa with Wired Honeywell FG-1625 Glass Break Sensor

Old 09-18-15, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Impassa with Wired Honeywell FG-1625 Glass Break Sensor

Can anyone explain how to get a FG-1625 Glass Break sensor programmed into a DSC Impassa?

The house I bought had the sensor in place with an ADT DSC panel. The sensor was already wired in. I replaced the ADT DSC panel with a generic DSC panel, but I have no idea what the settings were in the ADT panel since I didn't have the installer code...

I've tried:

1. Enable [003] 1 for sensor 33 (I/O 1)
2. [013] Enable 1
3. [206] Opt 1 - Activate
4. [133] Opt 14 Normally Closed

But it doesn't trigger anything when I put the glass sensor into test mode...

Any help would be appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-15, 07:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
The correct setting for segment 1 of programming location 003 should have been 03 (instant). The leading zero is required.

Manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17242

Old 09-18-15, 07:22 PM
Thank you..I made that change...yet it is still not triggering...I can't figure this thing out...

Old 09-19-15, 07:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Simple test: arm the system and take the wire off of the alarm relay on the glassbreak. If that generates an alarm, then your programming is correct, and the problem is either with the glassbreak, or how you are testing it.

I am assuming that you are providing the device with power.

Old 09-19-15, 12:29 PM
I tried removing the yellow wire since I see a yellow attached to the I/O in my panel, and it didn't trigger. I tried replacing the yellow and removing the green wire and it didn't trigger....

It has power, but it still doesn't seem to be triggering anything...

Thanks for the help though!!

Name:  glassbreak.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  34.8 KB

Old 09-19-15, 09:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, that tells us that you have something wrong in the programming.

With the system disarmed, if you take either wire off, does zone 33 show as a fault/open?

Your programming, as described, sounds correct. Have you used the view function in programming to verify that everything is actually programmed as you _think_ it is?

Old 09-20-15, 04:39 AM
>>With the system disarmed, if you take either wire off, does zone 33 show as a fault/open?

I'm assuming I simply remove one of the wires and should see the fault, or if I press *2 it would be in the list of faults? No, nothing happens when I remove the wires.

>>Your programming, as described, sounds correct. Have you used the view function in programming to verify that everything is actually programmed as you _think_ it is?

Do you mean go back into each setting and check them? I don't know what View mode is otherwise...

I wonder if I set 133 correctly. Basically when I select 133, I then press 9 (to access attributes 9-16) and then enable the 1 and the 4...Is that correct? Or after pressing 9 does the 1=9,2=10,3=14,4=15,5=16?? That just occurred to me and I'm not 100% what it should be..

Thanks again for your patience!!

Old 09-20-15, 05:19 AM
Okay I think I programmed [133] incorrectly.

Here are the current settings:
1. Enable [003] 1 for sensor 33 (I/O 1)
2. [013] Enable 3
3. [206] Opt 1 - Activate
4. [133] Opt 14 Normally Closed (press 9 to get to 9-16, then enable 3 for attribute 14)

Now when I remove the yellow wire I trigger a beep like I'm opening a door...

So I think that is it.

I'm trying to figure out how to properly test it. I need to re-review the doc for the glass sensor.

Thank you MrRonFL for helping me with this!!

Old 09-20-15, 07:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
With DSC products, you _rarely_ have to make changes in the zone attribute settings (1xx). Those settings are selected when you pick the zone type for a given zone, and normally the only one you change is to turn on the wireless attribute for a wireless zone.

They way they do it makes it easy to greatly customize individual zone behavior, but it also makes it easy to mess yourself up if you aren't familiar with how DSC configurations work.