initial setup of DSC PC1555MX

Old 09-23-15, 08:28 AM
initial setup of DSC PC1555MX

I bought my house that had a working security system in unmonitored mode, and have been using it to beep when doors open/close. That is all I want. Somehow I armed it and the sirens went off, so I had to power down & remove battery. I researched and was able to assign a new master code and clear all trouble lights except 8. Evidently I am not resetting the clock correctly.

pressing *2 shows only light 8 ON and all others off. So I entered the following:

*6 [master_code] 1 HHMM MMDDYY

Light 8 is still on. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-15, 09:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
First, make sure you are using the master code and not the installer/go to program code.

The keystrokes you have written out are the correct ones.

Installer manual: http://bulletcam.ca/dl/dsc/DSC%20155...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 09-23-15, 02:08 PM
UPDATE:

I finally cleared light 8 (clock). So now, *2 shows no lights on while the Trouble light flashes.

After power cycle, the READY light came ON and the TROUBLE light was OFF. After a few minutes, LEDs 1-6 came ON with 7&8 OFF. At this point, if I enter my new master code, I get 4 fast and 1 long beep. What do I need to do now?

Old 09-23-15, 04:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html

DSC: I defaulted my panel and now all of the zones show "open".
A lot of DSC panel installers choose to not use the End of Line Resistors (for a myriad of reasons) and instead choose to use a feature in the programming that turns off the requirement. When the panel is defaulted, this requirement is turned back on.

The specific location that has to be changed will vary by model, but will usually be in the system options sections of the program.

On the most common, the "Power series" panels (PC 1555, PC 5010, PC 5020, PC 1616, PC 1832, PC 1864, and their variants), this will be programming location 13 where you turn ON Option 1 to disable the need for resistors.