zone information with vista 20p

Old 11-05-15, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
zone information with vista 20p

Dear experts,

I currently have a Honeywell Vista 20P (revision 9.17) alarm system (without a voice dialer). I also live in an area without a proper alarm central company nearby.

Currently when the alarm is triggered, the system calls my cellphone 8 times and then calls my dad's cellphone 8 times through my homephone landline. When picking up the incoming call, nothing can be heard (there is no voice or noise). After being alerted by the call we would both go to the house to check out the status.

I now understand from the sticky post of this forum that this is the call functionality used for calling the central and initiating a handshake (which ofcourse is not working on my cellphone). Therefor I do not hear anything and therefor the call comes in 8 times (whether I accept the call or let it miss).

This setup was fine for a while, but now I would also like to get "triggered zone" information through my cellphone (preferably but not by Internet since I do not have 24/7 internet connection on my phone).

Is there a module or setup possible that will allow "triggered zone" information to be send to me in a call (by speech) or in a SMS?

If not, is there a way for the "triggered zone" information to be sent by internet to me (in that case I will search for a nearby Internet connection)?

Many thanks for the help!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-15, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure why you think you have to go with a central station in your local area.

For central station monitoring, your system simply "calls" the central station and the central station then calls the local authorities. If you have a system connected to a phone line so that it can dial out and you have a town with available police response, you can get central station monitoring with any company that supports monitoring in your area. There are numerous companies out there that support nationwide monitoring so you should have numerous options.

With that said, if you just want alerts from the system to your phone, you can add a 7847i alarm communicator to the system and subscribe to Total Connect 2.0 service through an alarm company offering TC2. With the 7847i connected to your panel and wired to your router via Ethernet, TC2 will allow you to arm/disarm from the totalconnect2.com website and from the Total Connect 2.0 app available on smart phones and tablets. You can also set it up to send text and or email alerts to unlimited recipients. You can even remotely add, delete and change your panel's user codes from the totalconnect2.com website.

Most alarm companies only offer TC2 as an add-on to regular central station monitoring but with some Googling, you'll find companies offering TC2 as a standalone option with no contract needed at rates as low as $10/month.

Old 11-06-15, 01:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Since you have a landline connection; there are a number of central station vendors that will work with a DIY. Alarm.com, or the Eyezon Envisalink module might be just what you need.

Old 11-09-15, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the reply Sterling D and PMMrRonFL!

I probably should have posted one more essential piece of information (sorry about that): I'm located in South-America.

Over here the monitoring services aren't fully developed yet and there is also a language barrier which is preventing me from choosing a service abroad.

The EnvisaLink sure is an interesting addon to the system! Thanks for the suggestion. I think this is exactly what I need. It's solely dependent on the Internet though (which is a weakness in the system imo), but it should work most of the times.