ADTSafewatch 3000 won't arm

Old 11-05-15, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADTSafewatch 3000 won't arm

Good day,

I have the above mentioned system in a house we just bought. I don't want the monthly monitoring fees and as such ADT is not at all interested in helping. My screen displays a little AC in the upper right and Chime just below and I have a green Ready light. I enter my user code that I was able to add (thanks to searching here) and I get keypad beeps and that is all. The screen does not change, the Ready light stays and the system is not armed.

Thanks for any suggestions you all might have.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-15, 07:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
What that tells me is that the user code may not be what you think it to be. Take a look at the _many_ threads concerning the Vista 20p/SW 3000.

Can you use the code to turn on/off the chime feature? If not, when you programmed the master code, you may have done it incorrectly, so it didn't take.

Old 11-06-15, 06:49 AM
I have re-entered my user code however I now realize that I am supposed to have a 'Ready To Arm' message on the display screen as well as a green ready light. I do not have the screen message, only the green ready light. The screen is blank except for the little AC and chime displays.

Old 11-06-15, 09:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You only get "Ready to Arm" displayed if you have a 2-line alpha keypad (6160 or equiv.) For the fixed alpha keypad models, you only get the ready light.

Old 11-09-15, 01:01 PM
Thanks Ron........Got my new master code and am now able to arm and disarm. When armed and I fault the system, open a door, the only thing that makes noise is the keypad in the master. I would think both pads and the main alarm would sound. I'm thinking there is a way to turn individual alarms on or off but I have not found it yet looking at the install or user manuals.
I was able to get the main alarm to sound by panicking it.

Old 11-09-15, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You may be disarming before the entry delay times out. If the siren works on the panic key combo, it should work in general alarm. Also, if the battery is weak, the siren might sound briefly, then cut out, because the battery is necessary to handle the initial rush of current the siren draws.

Any keypad except the one addressed 16 can be set to be a silent keypad.

See programming location *190. I suspect that your keypads may have gotten swapped somewhere along the line. Normally, if someone is going to make a keypad silent, it'll be the one in the bedroom.