240-co to 260-co co trouble

Old 11-05-15, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
240-co to 260-co co trouble

I just purchased a new 260-co to replace my 240-c0. I have a ademco 20p panel. I followed the direction taking the two alarm wires and installing them to no and c (bottom), negative to negative, positive to positive (top power), old resistor from the 240 and installed on the top portion of c and nc and two wires as jumpers from c (top) to no (bottom) and nc (top) to c (bottom). NC at the bottom is left un touched. The alarm though shows co trouble at my keypad. I have tried to reverse the two alarm wires between c and no at the bottom but no changes. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I followed the instruction exactly from the directions figure 4 and the online help. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-15, 05:30 PM
You likely caused a trouble condition when you removed the original detector. Try entering your code+1 twice in a row.

Old 11-07-15, 03:40 PM
I did put in the code twice and 1 and still no luck. I can't get it to clear for the life of me. If anyone else has any ideas on what I can do I would appreciate it.

Old 11-07-15, 04:48 PM
1- are the LEDs giving any indication of an issue?

2 - are you connecting it up the same as the previous sensor?

Old 11-07-15, 08:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Look carefully at the wiring diagram on the new one, you may not have it connected the way you _think_ it's connected.

Reading your description of how you connected the resistor, I think I see what you did wrong.

By your description, you put the EOL across the tamper/trouble C/NC terminals. The resistor should be in _series_ with either of the two jumpers.

Old 11-10-15, 02:00 PM
I looked at the diagram figure 4 and have it installed exactly. I also saw pictures online. I wanted to attach a picture of my setup but it will not allow me. I have tried everything but still have co trouble at the panel. I am wondering where I used the two wires as jumpers if that is my issue. In the diagram it said (1) end-of-line device provided by the life safety system. I used just a reg alarm wire, should I have used a special wire? Other than that I have it installed exactly as the diagram describes.

Top terminals:
c -jumper to bottom NO -Resistor from old 240
nc- jumper to bottom C - Resistor from old 240
+ power
_ ground

Bottom

NC- empty
c - alarm wire from panel, and a jumper up to top NC
no- alarm wire from panel, and a jumper up to top C

Should I reprogram anything at the panel. Any advise is appreciated.

Old 11-10-15, 05:58 PM
Try this.. The directions are confusing.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  32.3 KB

Old 11-10-15, 06:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The resistor goes _in line_ (series) with one of the jumpers from the trouble terminals NOT across the trouble terminal (that would be parallel with a switch that is closed under normal conditions)

Old 11-10-15, 07:31 PM
ok I see what you are talking about with the resistor so I installed it on just one of the upper jumpers and I still have the same issue. I also tried the two wire method as you have in the picture and still the same issue...co trouble..I would be glad to upload a picture but this site will not allow me to

Old 11-11-15, 02:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Simple test: For now, put the resistor across the C/NO alarm terminal (ignore the trouble relay, for now). Does the zone clear (after entering code + 1)? If not, then you may have a continuity problem. The final test is to take the zone wiring off at the alarm motherboard and put the resistor there.

Double check your resistor. Make sure it's a 2K (Red Black Red for the first 3 stripes).

Old 11-11-15, 01:06 PM
Ok.. I ignored the trouble relay and disconnected the two jumpers. I did what you said as far as a test and put the resistor (proper resistor) across the c/no and I was able to clear the trouble code so that test was a success. Should I leave it setup this way or is there something else I need to do?

Old 11-11-15, 02:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What that tells me is the either your trouble relay is in an out of normal state, or you somehow have the trouble relay wiring done incorrectly: (if you have power applied to the CO detector, and there is no trouble state, the relay terminals next to the power input should read as _closed_).

You do want this configuration to work, because that is what alerts you when the detector element fails due to age (they only last about 5-6 years), or if their is loss of DC power to the detector.