ADT safewatch Pro 3000 unable to enter programming mode after power restart

Old 11-08-15, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT safewatch Pro 3000 unable to enter programming mode after power restart

We inherited a safewatch Pro 3000 with our house. It was disconnected but we would still like to use it locally. It chimed when we first bought the house but the telephone guy cut the wire when he hooked up the phone lines. I got the wires reconnected today, the battery was low so I replaced that. I have tried the power down method to get into programming mode (battery then AC and the reverse) so I could find the installer code but when I power back up and press * and # together, it does nothing. I can press a maximum of 5 button and then it becomes unresponsive. After the reboot of the system, the panel reads D1 with ac and not ready in the corner. After a few minutes it starts a constant beeping and say FC and 100 check. Could anyone help me out? I did quite a bit of research but am at a loss on this one. I thought about buying another Vista20p board on amazon but I'm worried I'm not experienced enough to set it up.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-15, 03:07 PM
Have you tried the Standard ADT installer code to enter programming?

"Check 100" is a loss of communication with the wireless receiver.
"FC" is failure to communicate.

Mod note... we don't post ADT codes on this site. They can be easily found by searching for them.

Last edited by PJmax; 11-09-15 at 09:51 AM. Reason: removed ADT passcode from text.
Old 11-09-15, 09:22 AM
I will try to enter code but after 5 button presses the system becomes unresponsive. I can hit buttons all day but it won't do anything. I'll try the code after work though and report back.

Old 11-09-15, 10:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Hmmmm...That sounds to me like you may have a bad keypad data wire connection. That would also fit with the check 100 (since the wireless receiver is either part of your keypad, or shares the keypad buss.

I would carefully check the keypad wiring at both the motherboard and the keypad ends.