Advice needed on new alarm system

Old 11-09-15, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Advice needed on new alarm system

Hello,

I am hoping to get some suggestions/recommendations from this group. I am interested in what I will call a "basic" alarm/notification system for my home. Here is a short-list of what I feel my requirements would be:

- two keypads - must work together, but I want one upstairs (in Master BR) and one on first floor
- door sensors - prefer "hidden" sensors (i.e. drilled into door)
- window sensors
- chime when all monitored windows/doors are open - chime from both keypads
- siren - alert if system is armed and not disarmed within specified time
- Wifi enabled - if possible, I would love to get alerts on my phone when system is armed

Unfortunately, there is so much info on the web, I don't even know where to start. I should be able to research and acquire all the pieces and parts once I have a starting point...but that's where I'm hoping you folks may be able to help? Are there some basic control modules I should consider based on my requirements? Are there key requirements I am missing? I am not really looking for any law enforcement notification or anything like that.

I can fish some wires around, if necessary, but I would definitely prefer wireless (if I won't have to change batteries every 3 months).

Is this something you can help with? Or am I asking too broad of a question?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-15, 04:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Any of the mainline system brands can provide those features. Different brands implement those features in different ways.

For DIY, Honeywell Vista or DSC Power Series have the easiest learning curve, and tend to be the most user friendly.

Both of the also have numerous third party solutions that add functions that the OEM hardware can't provide.