DSC 5010 Alarm programming...

Old 11-12-15, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 5010 Alarm programming...

I have been learning to use the DSC 5010 system with LCD5501Z keypads that came with the house I recently purchased and have read up on how to program the system. So far so good with a couple exceptions. I am wanting to configure the system to call my cell phone - no monitoring service for now.
I have 2 questions I really need advice on....

Question 1...
In the land of misinformation (the internet) I have seen many suggestions as to how a phone number should be entered for [301]. I.e.,
*,8,301,*4*,[10 digit phone no.]
or
EE,[10 digit phone no.], and the 5's for the remaining 32 characters
and a number of others.

Can anyone tell me the accurate and definitive method?

Question 2...
In programming [360] Communicator format options... This has really got me stumped. The manual states ....
02 |___|___| 1st phone number
02 |___|___| 2nd phone number
01 20 BPS, 1400 ...
02 20 BPS, 2300 ...
03 DTMF Contact Id
04 SIA FSK
O5 Pager
This is quite confusing. How can there be 3 - 02 options. What is the sequence to program? I want just 01 and 05 programmed in but everything I've tried doesn't work. In fact I've managed somehow to lock up 2 of my keypads trying this and had to re-enroll them to get them back. I would have thought that this would be the code... (of course I've tried numerous of options)
*,8,5010,360,01,05,##
But when I go back to it shows on the display 1 and 3. (I am assuming it means that 01 and 03 are what is programmed in.)
How do I program [360] for just 01 and 05.

Thanks,
RG

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-15, 08:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
I am assuming that you have the manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13802
And the programming form: http://bulletcam.ca/dl/dsc/DSC%20power-832-(PC5010).pdf

What is being displayed is the data in the first segment of the programming location. The row of numbers on your 5501 keypad takes the place of the LED array on the 5508 led keypad (see section 4.5 in the installer manual)

The first two 02s on the programming worksheets is DSC telling you what the default configuration of the two format data slots are.

For what you are trying to do, you would use 05 (pager) in both slots instead of the default (which is a 4 + 2 format). Pager is the only format that will call a non-central station without repeat dialing. Unless your phone service supports pager emulation (rare, these days), all you will get is the phone number on your caller ID. So you would enter 360 05 05 ##

Normally, unless your phone system is unusual, you don't need to program that HEX D (*4*) to force a dialtone search. Once in programming it would be 301 (phone number) # (it will automatically add the F at the end of the phone number). Only put the area code in if you would normally have to dial an area code (if your are is 10-digit dialing, normally).

Old 11-12-15, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
MrRonFL - Thank you so much for your time and thorough answer. After getting home I tried this but still haven't got it to call my cell. Will have to attack this more over the weekend. But thank you again!

Old 11-13-15, 02:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
If this has never been setup to call a central station, or if it's been defaulted, everything that you want to activate the dialer has to have a report code programmed.