New house pre-wired, VISTA-20P and 2GIG

Old 11-13-15, 01:52 PM
New house pre-wired, VISTA-20P and 2GIG

My house is pre-wired but no control panel exists yet. I am going to install a VISTA-20P and put a 2GIG TAKE-345 takeover module on it to monitor the wired sensors and tie into a 2GIG keypad.

My question is, do I need to also purchase a keypad for the VISTA-20P to program it first, before putting the TAKE-345 on, and then using the 2GIG keypad?

This is also my first time installing an alarm system.

The way the TAKE-345 works is the HI side wires into it and you program the zones on the 2GIG wireless keypad. So it doesn't seem like the VISTA-20P panel would need any pre-programming, but I don't know.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-15, 02:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Looking at the instructions for the 2-Gig device (https://www.2gig.com/pdf/product-inf...20online.pdf); it doesn't actually _need_ an existing security system. It's just using it for a power supply. If you want to use the 2 Gig alarm control on your hardwired infrastructure, then you just need a power supply for the interface module (much cheaper than installing the Vista 20p), in addition to the 2-Gig hardware.

Old 11-13-15, 06:35 PM
these are mutually-exclusive panels [V20 & 2gig], one does not work with the other.

Why are you wanting to install both?

edit: [on second read] if you mainly just want the 2gig panel and touch screen, then just purchase a 12VDC power supply, a transformer [to power the power supply] and a backup battery.

*I would recommend/opt for the V20 and actual hardwired devices unless you really just want the 2gig.