Setting up resettled ADT system for remote access

Old 11-15-15, 11:56 AM
Setting up resettled ADT system for remote access

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...ml#post2479913

See the previous for my journey so far.

Basically I moved to a new house that had an ADT system and I got it reset and out in new code thanks to the folks on this forum

Now what I want to do is to try to set this up so that I can engage and reset the system remotely. I will be also putting in a couple of drop cams in the house which will/may be separated from the ADT system

So if I want to access my system remotely what are my options? Also I have home wifi but no phone line.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-15, 01:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A lot of people have been using the Eyzon Envisalink module: EnvisaLink 4 – Control Your DSC & Honeywell Security System From Your Smart Phone | EyezOn

Old 11-16-15, 07:21 AM
You could also use a Honeywell/AlarmNet IP, cellular or dual path (IP backed up by cellular) communicator and subscribe to Total Connect 2.0 service.

Honeywell communicators don't require any router setup and use encrypted communications between the device and the servers.

The 7847i is an IP only option, the GSMX4G or GSMV4G are cellular only options and the iGSMV4G is a dual path option.

Your ADT panel has to be version 9.12 or higher (check the PROM chip in the middle of the circuit board) but the GSMX4G, GSMV4G and iGSMV4G all come with new PROM chips if you get the GSMX4G-TC2, the GSMV4G-TC2 or the iGSMV4G-TC2 upgrade kits.