ADT Impassa Wireless System Issues

Old 11-17-15, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Impassa Wireless System Issues

Three months ago ADT installed an Impassa wireless system in our home. I believe the door sensors are DSC vanishing contacts. On at least 4 occasions over the last 3 months, that I am aware of, the control panel indicates a door is open when not. Twice this has happened when the system is armed, which triggers the alarm. Twice this has happened when the system is unarmed, which prevents the ability to arm the system unless you bypass the zone. Of these 4 instances it has happened twice with the front door, once w/ the back door, and once w/ the basement door, i.e. it's not always the same door. Worth noting the back door & basement door are only several feet from the control panel.

Each time this occurs if I just wait & do nothing within 30 minutes the system recognizes the "problem door" as being closed & everything works again. Unfortunately I cannot deal with having false alarms so I have ADT coming out in 2 days to look at the system. My fear is since this is intermittent the tech is not going to see any issues.

Has anyone else had similar wireless system issues? Given it's occurred w/ 3 different doors I suspect it is a panel issue & not sensors but I'm open to any experiences others have had w/ this or similar systems.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-15, 07:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
My first inclination would be to check to make sure the magnet is well aligned with the transmitter. Especially for the hidden contacts, the magnet needs to be as close to centered on the transmitter as possible, or small shifts in the door frame (as from temperature related warping) can create false trips.

Otherwise, one of the problems with wireless is that surprisingly small changes in the local RF environment can create the kind of random trip you are experiencing. You have to think on what may have changed in the environment.