NX-8v2 all zones are faulted

Old 11-21-15, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
NX-8v2 all zones are faulted

I have a NX-8V2 with an extension board (NX-216) and two display panels (NX-1192E). The whole system was working fine until i press something wrong recently and the Ready light is no longer light up. I defaulted the board 0# and 23# and both keyboards with 910# but nothing changes. I now physically remove all zones, the only wires connect to the controller board are power, one keyboard, and my entry doors to zone1. Unfortunately, the ready light doesn't light up and as before zone 1-8 are shown as fault. Pls help.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-15, 09:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
Assuming that the field wiring hasn't been changed, _what_ were you trying to do when the problem started?

It's very rare that a single set of keystrokes would alter all of the zones.

Could you have possibly turned on (or off) the EOL resistor supervision?

Old 11-21-15, 10:16 AM
I was trying to enable quick ARM. Fumbling through the configuration, I suppose to screw up and got the alarm to scream its heart out and scare the kids. At no time did I physically touch the control board, wiring and etc. when all of this started.

After reading some online posts, I thought it was a good idea to default the control board and keypads via #910 and start over with its default configuration. After defaulting these components, all 24 zones showed up "fault" regardless if doors/windows are open or closed. The only LED light up is the POWER. The only time I can get the "READY" LED to light up is when I remove all zones to a different partition and leave only just the keyboard and the motion sensor "zone2" in partition 1.

Since default the control board and keyboards didn't work, I thought maybe I should start from scratch by removing all of the wires that are connected to the control board, leaving just the power, keyboard, and entry door "zone1". After another reboot, all zones are still in fault status. There is no changes in the wiring. If anything, it's me pressing various buttons that I shouldn't have.

Old 11-22-15, 07:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are there resistors on your zone wiring? Yes or no?

Old 11-22-15, 11:13 AM
no

should i put a resistor on the remaining zones (2-8) that don't have anything plug in them?

Old 11-22-15, 12:03 PM
I now remove the last sensor wire from the panel and just use a resister for zone1/com to see if anything changes. Unfortunately, zone 1 is still show fault. Any help you can assist is much appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-22-15, 02:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you have successfully defaulted the panel so that everything is at the factory default, and put a 3.3 K resistor (orange-orange-red for the first 3 stripes) from zone 1 input to common and are still showing that zone as open, then the only thing remaining is that you have somehow damaged the system board.

Does the zone close if you just put a wire jumper from the zone input to common?

Old 11-22-15, 03:19 PM
From your response, fault = open? I don't understand "orange-orange-red for the first 3 stripes". Basically, I took a resistor and made a U shape to connect one end to zone 1 and the other to COM. The color code on the resistor are blue, gray, sort of red, and gold. Shouldn't it say open?

Old 11-22-15, 05:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
For talking about security system zones "fault" and "open" are essentially interchangeable.

The correct resistor is a 3.3k resistor. The one you are describing is a 6.8k. The values are specific: 4 Band Resistor Color Code Calculator and Chart | DigiKey Electronics

Do you have the wiring diagram/installer manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...n%20Manual.pdf

Remember, the instructions presume a minimal degree of basic electrical/electronics knowledge...

Old 11-22-15, 06:34 PM
Thank you for your help with the definition. After plugging resistor on all zones (1-8) and the Bell -+, the Ready light popped up. The board is find and it lead me to your initial comments regarding EOL supervision. Researching a little, I found another post detailing the step-by-step to "defeat" it. After setting the EOL defeat for the 3 default zone types (3, and 6), the Green light popped up and all zones seem to work. I don't know why zone type 5 isn't affected.

There is a problem with the "EXIT". It keep bypassing zone 2 which is my motion sensor. Do you know how to bypass zone 2 only with "STAY" and not "EXIT"? Thank you kindly...

Old 11-22-15, 07:18 PM
NVM...I answered my own question. =) Thanks and have a great evening.