getting Gen Sys Supv on PC 5010

Old 11-22-15, 10:06 PM
getting Gen Sys Supv on PC 5010

hi,

I have recently moved into a house that had PC 5010 installed. I have only master code (I am hoping to get the installer code too from the previous owner) but so far the issue is I see 'Gen Sys Supv' trouble on the keypads and was wondering what can I do to fix it. I read it could be related to the mixture of the different keypad models, I do have one older keypad that does not display the words, only letters for most cases. I tried to disconnect each keypad but the issue remained. What is interesting too is one keypad shows 'garbage' characters instead of day and time but when I press a key it displays a message properly.. Not sure if this is related..
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Art

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-15, 10:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That trouble usually pops up when a keypad or other module has been added or removed without running the module supervision command.

Old 11-23-15, 06:43 AM
Oh, I see, thank you Ron! In this case I would need to get the installer password, then run the module supervision command..
Btw, would it be possible to try all the code combinations (by doing *8 code) if I could not get the installer password from the previous owner? I know people say it is 100 dollars to replace the board but it is pretty sophisticated system here and I am afraid to start programming all over again. Or maybe all I need to know is the zones IDs and names? then I can write them down and program the same way with the new board? Because I guess the rest would be pretty much the same for all installations? I do have some experience with replacing the boards, connecting TL250 and running the software..

thanks again!
Art

Old 11-23-15, 07:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There have been a number of people on these forums that have done the "brute force" approach to get an installer code. It's tedious, but will work.

If the installer lockout hasn't been used, you may be able to just do a hardware default, rather than replacing the board.

Old 11-23-15, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I went to 0500 number already
Defaulting it will erase all the zones programming and this is why I wanted to keep it as is to learn the existing setup.. I will try to get the code and let you know how it goes - thank you so much for your help!
Art