Vista 21ip – how to program function 57 for emergency services?

Old 11-27-15, 09:55 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 21ip – how to program function 57 for emergency services?

Sorry for the newbie question – I have been researching this and cannot find any help videos or questions on this...

How do you program *57 function on your keypad to associated Key A; B; and C for Police, Medical, and Fire?

I’m looking at the Programming Guide *57 Function Key Worksheet – but can't understand how to associate Key A, Zone 95, to the 4 Emergency Keys Listed: Personal Emergency; Silent Alarm; Audible Alarm; Fire.

Thanks!

Old 11-27-15, 11:12 AM
X
I think I am a step closer in understanding this...

For the Key A, program Zone 95 with the desired zone type.

However looking at the zone types - not sure which ones are associated with Police (Type 24?); Fire (Type 09?); Medical (no idea which Zone type).

Is this correct?

Old 11-27-15, 12:42 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you look at the programming worksheet: http://www.statcommunications.com/do...%20Rev%20B.pdf

On page 9 the default for the first three keys is already set for zone type 95, 99, & 96 (fire, police, medical; in that order). Unless you change it, they are good to go.

Honeywell/Ademco has been using these same codes on their panics for so long, that they have simply stopped referencing them in their manuals...

Old 11-29-15, 02:14 PM
X
Is there a definition of what happens when these Fire; Police; Medical keys are pressed?

Does the keypad just send the specific "request" (Fire or Police or Medical) to the central station? Or something more?

Old 11-30-15, 02:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you are connected to a monitoring account, they send codes that the monitoring center will treat as an instant dispatch request.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: