DSC 1864 Home Alarm PK5500 differences

Old 11-27-15, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 1864 Home Alarm PK5500 differences

I have a DSC 1864 alarm installed in my home. I have 3 PK5500 keypads. 2 where originally purchased and 1 was added later. The original two when I pop them out and look at the back show rev 09 while the new one is rev 08. All 3 say version 1.10.

What is odd is when I enter the installer code on the 09s it asks me for the section. On the 08 it gives me a menu to scroll through.

When I program a zone label into the 08 it works at that keypad but not at the other keypads. I can't seem to get the label to work at the other keypads. Am I doing something wrong here? I just can't figure out how to pull up the programming screen. I enter the installer code and it asks for a section.

One other question, when the alarm triggers during the delay before the siren has went off, there doesn't seem to be a way to see what zone has triggered the alarm. You have to allow the alarm to go off and then look at what zone was triggered. This seems odd to me.

Thanks ahead of time!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-15, 12:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
Did you set the new keypad for an address different from the original two?

Did you run the module supervision routine to add the keypad to the system?

Did you run the 998* command from keypad programming to broadcast the descriptor labels to the other two keypads?

Manual: http://www.tbmsecurity.com/Documents/pk5500_eng.pdf

Old 11-28-15, 10:29 AM
Not sure how I missed 998 but that worked. I still can't figure out how to program labels from the two original keypads but as long as I can from one I'm fine. Now my for my second question. The alarm is tripped but still in delay so the siren hasn't went off yet. Is there no way to see the zone that is tripped? Once the siren goes off and the signal is sent to the central station you can view the problem. I want to know what zone is tripped right away.

Old 11-28-15, 02:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's something of a brand-wide (industry-wide) trait. In general, if you are sounding in alarm delay warning, then you are tripping an entry/exit delay zone (which narrows it down, considerably), everything else is an instant alarm.

Remember, these things are really designed for unattended situations...

Old 11-30-15, 06:29 PM
Ok that seems strange to me that you wouldn't want to know what zone was tripped during the delay. It seems like an oversight. See I have all my windows on delay as well. I guess I can change it but in the case of a false alarm I like to catch it before the siren in case the kids are sleeping. Anyhow thanks for all the help, I have all my labels propagated now.

Old 12-01-15, 02:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's not that they don't _want_ you to know. They just didn't bother to design for that possibility... Different brands handle that circumstance with varying degrees of success.