Simon XT Touch Pad reporting DELAYED notifications

Old 11-27-15, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Simon XT Touch Pad reporting DELAYED notifications

Hi folks,

I'm pretty baffled here...hoping someone can offer some advice. I just installed a Simon Xti system with a supplemental XT touch pad (model 60-924-3-XT-2WTTS). The system was working fine at first (for 1 day), but now the touch pad has stopped reporting alerts in a timely manner. When I trigger a door or window sensor, my main panel reports the open state, but I get nothing visually or audibly from the touch pad. Then, in ~8 minutes, the touch pad chimes, gets the red exclamation point, but then returns right to a green check. ANY IDEAS ON THIS ONE???

I've tried resetting, relearning the touch pad, removing batteries and power source, but no luck.

Also, one other note, when the system was working for that first 24 hours or so, when a sensor was tripped, the home screen did not allow me to drill down to see which one did it. The rest of the system appears to be working flawlessly...

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-15, 04:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
It sounds like there's a lag when the signal is sent and when the remote keypad wakes up and reports it. It's not an unusual issue with wireless remote keypads. Really, they aren't intended to be a mirror of the primary keypad, they are really a secondary convenience keypad.

Old 11-28-15, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a range issue...something in the RF environment in your home may have changed?

Move it closer to the panel and then test it again...

Old 11-30-15, 06:33 PM
don't think it is range...

Thanks for the input, folks. I don't think it is a range issue, as it happens if I have them on different floors, or right next to each other.

I'm troubleshooting right now, and I just triggered a sensor...my main panel chimed right away, and the touchscreen took about 2.5 minutes. The two panels are sitting 3 feet from each other. When I closed the triggered sensor, the main panel reported all is well, but the touchscreen took another 2+ minutes.

There isn't anywhere where there is a delay defined, is there?

My RF test comes through as 4 bars.

Thank you again for your input...I apologize for the delayed response. I must not have subscribed to the thread properly, as I didn't get notification of your responses. Sorry!!

Ryan

Old 11-30-15, 06:36 PM
Also...I actually bought a "new" touch screen (60-924-RF-TS). The previous one was used and much older, so I thought it may be out of date/incompatible. Anyway...same experience with this panel, so I'm thinking that means I've got something programmed incorrectly, or the main panel is not communicating properly...

Old 12-01-15, 02:46 AM
time is not syncing up

I'm assuming this is directly related, but the time on the touch screen is not syncing up with the time on the main panel. I noticed that last night, but I let it sit overnight to see if it sync'd up....it didn't. That tells me the two aren't communicating properly. Does that trigger any other thoughts?

Thanks so much for any input you have to offer!

Old 12-01-15, 06:30 PM
Cool problem resolved

Hi folks...quick update to let you know my problem appears to be resolved. I reprogrammed the sensor for the "umpteenth" time and defined it in sensor group "0", and it works. I would have sworn I tried 0 already, but for some reason it is now working. Thanks for your suggestions...