Vista v20p zone 01 instant mode does not alarm, other modes do

Old 12-04-15, 09:55 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vista v20p zone 01 instant mode does not alarm, other modes do

For my zone 01, my main entry door, and garage entry door, neither alarms in INSTANT mode when I try to trigger it, it doesn't even chime [chimes are currently set on]. In test or away mode, it does show on the keypad that when opening either door that the sensors are being triggered, by a 01, and will alarm after the entry delay of 30 seconds.

I believe I have set the zone 01 to have a type of 01 [entry /door], and I have set the report code to 10.

What would make a zone not trigger in INSTANT mode, but trigger in all the other modes??

Old 12-04-15, 05:06 PM
C
Received 65 Likes on 60 Posts
How did you test it to trigger in Instant mode?

If you armed it to Instant and immediately opened the door, it won't trip an alarm because it's still counting down the Exit Delay. Instant mode ignores the Entry Delay, not the Exit Delay. (The Exit Delay can't be suppressed.)

Old 12-21-15, 04:31 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, we had a death in the family and I completely lost track of working on the alarm. Thank you thank you thank you !!!

You are right I missed that bullet point in the manual and incorrectly assumed both entry and exit were put to zero in instant mode.

Strange I don't get a count down beep in INSTANT mode, like AWAY mode, but I guess I don't need it now that I know it's alarming.

Thank you!!!

Old 12-22-15, 03:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts
Instant mode is a variation on Stay mode, so there is no audible count down.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: