Can't enter default installer code on a DSC PC1864

Old 12-05-15, 08:12 AM
Can't enter default installer code on a DSC PC1864

Hi. I'm trying to upgrade from a DSC 832 to an 1864 V4.6. I've wired in one keypad, 7 zones and a siren. It powers up OK but when I enter the default installer code of 5555 it tells me "Invalid access code". I can enter the default Master Code of 1234 just fine. The keypad is an LCD 5500Z. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-15, 12:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Was you PC-1864 _new_? Very often hardware brought from sources like ebay have been previously used and not restored to the factory default.

You can try doing the hardware default procedure.

Old 12-05-15, 12:36 PM
Yes. I thought of that as well and I've actually done the hardware reset several times as the keypad has "locked me out" due to my invalid access attempts. No change. The ready light is on but the trouble light is on as well. It says that there is "system trouble" due to a "low battery" but that shouldn't stop anything. I can arm the system with the master code and then disarm. I just can't enter 5555 for the installer code.

Any ideas?

Old 12-05-15, 09:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If *8 5555 won't let you into programming, then something is wrong. Listen carefully when you power the system up. If you hear the phone relay click 10 times, you board has the installer lockout set, which means that short of a lucky guess at the installer code, you have a useless board.

Old 12-06-15, 04:54 AM
Do those clicks happen on the pc1864 boards as they do on the older boards? I do not hear them. In fact, this board doesn't have a phone jack that I can see.

Old 12-06-15, 08:31 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, they use the same phone relay technique.

There's no phone jack, there are terminals on the motherboard terminal strip that Telco wires get connected to (the last 4 on the right).

Old 12-06-15, 04:45 PM
Well, well, well.... I forgot to mention that I got this pc1864 board from my brother-in-law. If I'd have mentioned that you would have said "Oh. The problem is obvious." He has been out of town since last Thursday and just got back this afternoon. Turns out this is a "prempro" board and the default installer code is 6321. Bingo...in like Flynn. Got all my programming done and I'm back where I should be.

Thanks for you help MrRonFl!

Derek