Issues following dsc1864 to replace 1565

Old 12-08-15, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Issues following dsc1864 to replace 1565

Hello, kudos to the helpful brains at such a useful forum. & I thank in advance for any help with this query! I've just moved this post from LiveWatch which looks like a largely defunct forum. This one seems heaps more active...

I have just replaced a dead DSC1565 with an 1864 – replaced the board, PSU and battery only. I have re-used all of the same zone wiring, except for splitting one zone which had 4x Sentrol 5625-s covering 4 doors/windows together, into two new zones, to make use of the 1864′s additional on board zones. I have done all of the programming as I was lucky enough to have the master code of the 1565 previously and had documented most of it - but may have missed a couple of settings.

The 1864 is powered up and healthy, but continues to show Zone Open for all of the Non-Motion zones, which are mainly Sentrol 5625′Ws. A config dump is as follows:

Z1: 01 | Front Door
z2: 03 | Front Windows – Sentrol 5625-W for Windows and an AMA-100 ceiling glass breaker in series
Z3: 04 | Motion
Z4: 04 | Motion
Z5: 03 | Windows – 2x Sentrol 5625 in series
Z6: 08 | Smokes
Z7: 03 | Sliding Doors – 2x Sentrol 5625-w’s in series
Z8: 03 | Windows – 2x Sentrol 5625 in series
Z9: 04 | Motion – Keypad zone from secondary keypad

Two Keypads
PC5508 with Z9 attached to it
LCD5501z with no zones attached

This was all working perfectly previously with the DSSC1565 but it's charging circuit died, so the intention was to replace wire for wire with the 1864.

All of the Motion Zones 3, 4, 9, 8 have EOL resistors, and from what I can tell, so do all of the Sentrol Window/Glass Zones. For a while there I thought the Sentrol zones didn't have EOLR's but they do... I was checking the first in a series and not finding an EOLr there, but am on the second in the series.

013 Option 1 is OFF. Have tried it on, and the zones including all the Motion zones all remain open.

Contemplating defaulting the panel and starting again, but seeking some recommendations. Weirdly, I’ve also noticed the chimes function refuses to work even though Chimes at the keypad is ON, and the Zone Attribute #3 for 1,2,5,7,8 is ON.

The only other thing I can think, the old panel had a relay in place taking all the RED/BLACK leads and a GREEN cable from PGM02, which is set as Option 20. I have reused this relay and the wiring.

Just this morning checking over some photo's of the 1565, I've realised that I've missed a connection to PGM01 - lucky I had a photo of the 1565 panel! - I'm pretty sure this is a black lead from our SMOKES zones. Is there any way this missing connection alone would cause all those zones to stick open? - I will connect this up later today.

The system has been power cycled after each configuration change but no avail.

Final question, are both my keypads perfectly compatible? I've thought about getting 2x PK5500's so they are standard and I can do the LCD Broadcasting.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-15, 05:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Simple test: close off all of your problem zones with just dummy 5.6k resistors. If the zones close, then the problem is with your field wiring (I generally recommend that people do their zone programming with dummy loads, so that they don't chase their tails in programming when they have a wiring problem)

Check your zone wires with a multi meter, do you see a 5.6k resistance? If not, and all you see is a short, then you need to put EOL resistors in series with those NC zones; if you see an open, then you have either bad wiring, or one or more bad contacts or impact sensors.

The PGM 2 was being used as a sensor reset, most likely to reset the power for the 5625 devices.
Manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library..._5600_inin.pdf

The PGM 1 was most likely the resettable power for the smoke loop.

The keypads are compatible. The newer ones do look nicer, and are a little easier to use, once configured.

Old 12-08-15, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the fast response. I'll run all those tests tonight.
Find it hard to believe all of those contacts suddenly developed wiring issues at the same time! The system worked fine with the 1565, only since the board was replaced has this happened. So perhaps there is a simple explanation. Will start with the resistor dummy test first, if that fails, then *999 and start again .

Out of curiosity, what boards/modules does it take to make this panel "IP Network Aware"?

Old 12-09-15, 02:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
The Envisalink product seems to be a fairly popular solution for IP access: EnvisaLink 4 – Control Your DSC & Honeywell Security System From Your Smart Phone | EyezOn

Not seeing what your zone wiring looks like, or what you did to break the zones up into a larger number of zones, the fact that the motion detector zones are working correctly leads me to think you have a wiring error.

Old 12-09-15, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the EnvisaLink info. looks good.

I put dummy 5.6K's across all of the open zones, system is fine. I have reconnected one of the troubled zones and also replaced it's EOLr but it remains open. As I'm not getting any LED's responding on the Sentrol I agree with the issue pointing to wiring... Will do some more comprehensive checks!

Thanks.

Old 12-10-15, 03:14 AM
Found the problem by chance, looking over the old DSC1565 manual again that had something scribbled on Section 009 Notes. As soon as I set 009 to 01 03 the system came good on all those zones. So the relay connected on PGM02 had to be set to normally active to get all those Sentrol's working, and the LED's on the Sentrols all work now and have power.

One of them remains Open, but I assume this is one that I split the zone into two, it probably needs its wiring checked and possibly a new resistor on it. But, major progress today...