Help with planning DSC panel upgrade

Old 01-08-16, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Help with planning DSC panel upgrade

Hello,

I have a DSC 5010 panel hard wired into a home I purchased. The system is functioning but was never connected to a monitoring service. I want to upgrade the panel so I can have wireless zones for smoke detectors, as they are not wired to the panel. I do have a telephone line, but would like cellular or internet backup at some point, and I would also like the option to have 2 way voice monitoring service at some point. Can I do this with an upgraded panel, either 1832 or maybe one of the NEO panels? I do not want to go all wireless and not use all the functioning sensors that are in the doors and windows. Thank You!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-16, 02:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
The 1832 will do what you want, with the appropriate add-on modules. To add wireless get one of the keypad models with the built in wireless receiver.

Old 01-08-16, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the response. I downloaded the installation and wiring manual v4.6 from the DSC website and printed out the page that shows all the compatible devices. I guess from there and the DSC website, I can piece it all together.

Old 01-08-16, 07:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Also look into the Evisalink. It's a 3rd party module that gives you the remote access functionality you may be wanting.

EnvisaLink 4 – Control Your DSC & Honeywell Security System From Your Smart Phone | EyezOn

Old 06-23-16, 09:31 AM
Envisalink 4 doesn't work with DSC Neo at this time. They may have difficulty adding it due to Neo's encryption which is a big security improvement of the DSC Neo.