Security system overhaul suggestions

Old 01-13-16, 09:08 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Security system overhaul suggestions

I have ADT with a Safewatch Pro 3000 (2-panel) system. Everything is hard-wired. The call is made to ADT monitoring through a cellular connection, it does not go through my land line.

Here's what I want to accomplish:
* Cancel ADT
* Have my security system call me instead of a monitoring service if an event occurs (using the existing cellular connection)
* Have my security system WiFi equipped, so I can get alerts and turn on/off the system from my iPhone.
* Keep my wired sensors and, if possible, the touchpads.

I don't mind dropping some cash to do it - the $30/month saved by canceling ADT will add up quickly.

Any suggestions on where to begin? As long as I have proper installation/programming manuals, I am willing and capable of doing anything.

Thanks!

Old 01-13-16, 11:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The SW 3000 is a modified Vista 20p: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

* Cancel ADT
Easily done. Check your contract, though, some versions of the ADT contract have a very narrow cancellation window.
* Have my security system call me instead of a monitoring service if an event occurs (using the existing cellular connection)
Nope. That cellular unit _only_ connects to the AlarmNet network.
* Have my security system WiFi equipped, so I can get alerts and turn on/off the system from my iPhone.
Wifi, no. Ethernet, yes: EnvisaLink 4 – Control Your DSC & Honeywell Security System From Your Smart Phone | EyezOn
* Keep my wired sensors and, if possible, the touchpads.
All are standard Honeywell devices. The only significant difference between a Safewatch 3000 and the standard Vista 20p is that it defaults to a different installer code, and a couple of false alarm features are enabled, by default. (For the most part, the "UL" settings listed in the programming worksheet will be the default)

Old 01-13-16, 01:18 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I really appreciate the quick and thorough feedback. Thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: