ADT alarm: where do these wires go

Old 01-30-16, 09:17 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question ADT alarm: where do these wires go

I moved into a house that has an ADT SafeWatch 3000 Pro (Security Manager 3000). The previous owner owned the house for a short time but could not reset the keypad so he disconnected a cable from the circuit board/panel.

See the lose wires on both ends of the board in the photo? Where do they go?

I've replaced all of the batteries in the room and door sensors.

I do not want to subscribe to ADT but I would like for the system to chirp anytime a door opens. I would also like to activate the system when we leave so that it chirps if someone enters the house until the code is inserted.

What else should I know or do to accomplish this. Willing to pay via PayPal if someone can help.

Thank you!

Name:  20151117_103634_resized_1.jpg
Views: 17756
Size:  34.2 KB
Full Size: http://postimg.org/image/t7ikvfoll/full/

Name:  20151119_170336_resized.jpg
Views: 8036
Size:  26.4 KB
Full Size: http://postimg.org/image/lst9322q1/full/

Old 01-30-16, 09:44 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The blue and red wires are one half of the AC power supply and both connect to terminal 1.
Terminal 2, with the yellow and black wire is the other half of the AC supply.
DO NOT let the wires from 1 touch 2 or the transformer will be damaged.

The red wire hanging off the right side of the board is one wire from the incoming phone line.

If your phones don't work properly in the house.... remove those four wires from the board.
Connect the red and yellow together. Also connect the black to blue.

If the alarm hasn't been programmed for local use, no reporting, then some programming changes will be needed.

Old 01-30-16, 09:45 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Welcome to the best DIY forum on the Internet! Everyone here is a volunteer so put your money away.

The blue and red wires on the left get twisted together and then connect to the #1 terminal. This will power the alarm system and start to recharge the battery which is likely dead as a door nail and will need replacement. The red wire on the right goes to terminal 24 and is the connection to the incoming telephone line. Leave that disconnected for now.

There is also a bare wire from a resistor in the middle that goes to terminal 11. This is zone 2, probably a door or window contact.

There is another circuit board above the main board, could you take another picture to include this board? Also, a picture of the inside of the door showing all that has been written on the door?

It appears that you might have one, or more, expander panels as well as the original 8 zone board.

Oh, this is a modified Honeywell Vista 20 panel if I am correct. It may have additional programming by ADT that will keep you from changing the existing programming. If so, there is no cure but to replace the main circuit board, about $100 more or less if I remember correctly. Everything else will be compatible with the new board with the possible exception of one keyboard module.

Old 01-30-16, 10:45 AM
O
Thank you for the prompt reply. Below are two new photos as requested

I understand from the previous two comments that the blue and red wires are twisted together and connected/screwed into Terminal 1. I can do that.

I do not have home phone service and will not activate with the monitoring company so do I need to do anything with the wires on the right?

Also, is it correct that the end of the resistor that is showing in the center of the photo connects to Terminal 11?

What about the two sets of wires at the bottom with the black ends?

All batteries in the house and in the panel have been replaced by me.

Do any of the numbers on the door represent reset codes or anything I should know?

Full Size: View image: 20160130 133407 resized

Full Size: View image: 20160130 133424 resized

Old 01-30-16, 11:08 AM
Group Moderator
Points 1-8 are the on-board points. Points 9 and up are the wireless points.

You appear to have only one keypad and one expansion module.The unit at the top of the panel is the wireless receiver and should have one of those 4 pin plugs (red-green-yellow-black) connected to it.

You won't know about that resistor being connected to terminal 11 until you fire up the system and see if a zone 2 fault comes up on the keypad.

Old 01-30-16, 11:23 AM
F
I do not have home phone service and will not activate with the monitoring company so do I need to do anything with the wires on the right?
No, unless you eventually desire to use the inside telephone wiring.

Also, is it correct that the end of the resistor that is showing in the center of the photo connects to Terminal 11?
Yes.

What about the two sets of wires at the bottom with the black ends?
These are for connection to various bus devices such as keypads, expander modules and the RF receiver mounted at the top of the enclosure. It will slide in to the connector on the lower right side of the RF receiver board. It only fits one way.
Do any of the numbers on the door represent reset codes or anything I should know?
Not reset codes but zone numbers. Depending on which keypad you have the zone will show as either a number or an alphanumeric description.

Old 01-30-16, 11:37 AM
O
UPDATE:

I connected the two wires to Terminal 1 and the resistor to Terminal 11.

The keypad started chiming but stopped when I pushed a button. It says "FC 100 Check".

To the side it shows "Chime Batt"

Keypay: SafeWatch Pro Custom 3000

I connected one of the sets of wires and now it DOES chime when I open the door. That is good.

How can I reset this so that I can use the away and stay function?

Full Size Image: View image: 20160130 142548 resized

Last edited by osensnolf; 01-30-16 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-30-16, 01:36 PM
F
The FC is a failure to communicate alarm. You will continue to get this alarm until you reprogram the system to NOT send alarms to a monitoring agency. It is possible that ADT has locked you out of programming and if so, you will need to replace the main circuit board.

You should plug in the cable to the RF receiver board as I previously described.

Do a Google search for vista 20p user manual and download the pdf files of the user guide as well as the programming guide. Programming is not intuitive and you MUST do it exactly as the programming guide describes. I suggest reading the programming guide cover to cover first and then start all over when actually programming.

Mr.RonFla will have much more to add. He is the alarm guru.

Old 01-30-16, 02:04 PM
O
How can I know for sure that ADT has locked me out of it? I have connected the cable to the RF board.

Thanks

Old 01-30-16, 02:15 PM
Group Moderator

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: