GE Concord Express New Keypad

Old 02-16-16, 08:55 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Concord Express New Keypad

Hi-

I recently bought a home and it seems like other I unfortunately wasn't able to get the old security code to my GE concord express system. I also tried contacting ADT but they were of 0 help. Looking at the post below it seems I have a fixed alpha keypad. Are there any other types of GE keypads that I could use with the existing wiring in the house where I'd be able to set the code myself? I haven't really dealt with a security system like this in the past, so sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...cess-code.html

Thanks!

Drew

Old 02-16-16, 09:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Any of the keypad models listed as 2X16 or 2X20 LCD on page 5 of the installer manual will access installer programming: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...%20Rev%20C.pdf

The most common ADT installer code can be found by web-searching using the phrase "ADT installer code" (they complain if we post it on this forum).

Old 02-16-16, 09:44 AM
A
Thanks! Just so I understand correctly.

1) I could buy a SuperBus 2000 2x16 LCD Touchpad (60-746-01)
2) I could use the existing wiring for the new keypad with my current fixed alpha keypad

Is there a default security code that comes with the new keypad or would I have to search to test out installer codes to find which one works? How difficult is it to reprogram to a security code of my choice? Like I said I've never dealt with a security system, so is it as easy as pushing the buttons on the new LCD keypad?

Thanks,
Drew

Old 02-16-16, 10:57 AM
C
Received 40 Votes on 39 Posts
Akramer1234, you may have a misunderstanding about the code(s) and keypads: Keypads don't have codes. Codes are resident in the control panel programming, and keypads are the interface device to access the panel's programming.
Yes, you can change your keypad, but that won't have anything to do with accessing or changing your Installer and User codes.

Follow the link MrRonFL gave you and read through the manual. That's how you'll find out how difficult or easy it is to work with codes.

And web-search using the words he mentioned. That is the best way to start, before immediately ordering new stuff to replace existing stuff that may be perfectly functional now.

Old 02-16-16, 12:33 PM
A
When I searched for that phrase I found information that said that even if I have the installer code I wouldn't necessarily be able to us that to upped the user code to arm/disarm the system. Is that the case?

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is use the GE concord express that was originally installed via ADT as an unmonitored alarm but the previous owners weren't able to give me the user code. I've accidentally armed the system and had to unplug it to turn off the alarm.

I've also attached a picture of my keypad if that helps.

Name:  IMG_0170.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  22.6 KB

Last edited by akramer1234; 02-16-16 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 06:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Ah, _that_ a problem. These things are nearly impossible to do anything with if they are armed and you don't know the arm/disarm code.

One thing that _might_ work is trying 2580 as a code. That was a commonly used "distress" code; so make sure the phone connection is unplugged. ADT has been known to dispatch police, even on dormant/disconnected accounts.

If that won't disarm the system, then, short of a lucky guess at the code, you are pretty much stuck replacing the motherboard and starting from scratch.

Old 02-20-16, 10:35 AM
A
@MrRonFL-

That distress code worked for me and disarmed the alarm! Thank you for your help. I was able to find what I believe was the installer code. Using the keypad found the menu 9 + [Installer Code]. I see the following

time-date
options- dowload on, bright 2, come close off
system id

Could you let me know what steps I need to take next to either find the user code or program a new one.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-20-16, 08:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Looks like you have a working installer code; but you still have the wrong keypad to access installer level programming.

Old 02-21-16, 05:43 PM
A
So if I buy a SuperBus 2000 2x16 LCD Touchpad (60-746-01) is that the correct model needed to program a new user code? I found the one below but the model looks similar to the keypad the I already have, without the door. I just want to make sure this is the correct keypad before purchasing one.

https://www.surveillance-video.com/s...0-746-01.html/

Old 02-21-16, 09:46 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, according to specs, it will allow you to access programming.

Old 02-24-16, 04:35 PM
A
Hi MrRonFL-

I purchased a GE Concord 4 Superbus 2000 LCD Touchpad 60-746-01 2 x 16. I connected the touchpad to the panel as described on page 14. When I powered up and pressed 9 + [Installer Code], I only saw the same options as the old keypad that I had in the programming menu below. I didn't see any section for user codes. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

time-date
options- dowload on, bright 2, come close off
system id

Thanks,
Drew

Old 02-24-16, 05:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The installer code won't get you the user code menu. What you have to do is go into installer programming, make note of the settings that are in place, then use the clear memory command to reset everything to factory default in order to get back to the default master code of 1234.

That's why you have to have full programming access.

Old 02-24-16, 05:46 PM
G
8+Installer Code +00
for installer programming

Old 02-24-16, 07:43 PM
A
MrRonFL thanks for all your help thus far. I've managed to reset both the master and regular user code. Now I'm having trouble actually getting the sensors, that are already wired/were working, working again. If I go to the learn sensors button and try to trip them nothing happens. Can you let me know how to proceed from here? I read through the manual you provided but all I could find was getting to the sensors section and trying to trip them.

Old 02-25-16, 03:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Are they wired or wireless? For the wired zones, you start with the door/window closed and open to trip. You can get the same effect by taking one of the zone wires off of the motherboard terminals.

For wireless, with the most common wireless transmitter, you remove the battery cover (there are variations, though).

Old 02-26-16, 06:52 PM
A
Hi MrRonFL-

I think I'm 99% of the way there. I've tripped all the sensors and everything seems to be working. My problem now is even after I disarm the system (1+[user code]), if I open the doors or move past the motion detectors they still seem to go off immediately. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Drew

Old 02-26-16, 08:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You have to change the zone type (the Concords call it "sensor group") of each zone to match the function you are using it for.

Old 03-05-16, 01:01 PM
A
Thanks MrRonFL, I managed to get everything up and working. Really appreciate your help.

Last question and I'll be done. Is there any way to set a time limit on how long the alarm will go off for? I just don't want to be away, the alarm is accidentally tripped, and there's not way to turn it off.

Old 03-05-16, 02:24 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The default will normally be between 4 and 8 minutes. It's set in the Timers menu on tier 2.

Old 03-07-16, 10:30 AM
A
Thanks again for all your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: