DSC PC1555 Stay Arming

Old 03-10-16, 06:32 PM
DSC PC1555 Stay Arming

Hi, I own a PC1555 control panel with a PC5508 keyboard.

I have a question regarding section "3.2 Auto Bypass – Stay Arming" of the Installation Manual where it is stated that : If a delay zone is violated during the exit delay, the system will arm in Away mode and all stay/away zones will be active after the exit delay expires.

I would like to have suggestions (I know both the Installer and Master codes) on how to fix the following two problems when I stay arm my system :

1) Even though there is an exit delay in stay arm, the keypad does not beep, so there is no way to know if the exit delay has expired or not.

2) If I exit the house during the exit delay the system does not change to away arm (stay/away zones remain by-passed) as described is section 3.2. I do not understand the purpose of the exit delay in stay arm if the system does not switch to away arm on exit.:confused:

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-16, 08:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
"It's not a bug, it's a feature"

No audible countdown during stay arming is normal. Nearly _all_ relatively modern systems work this way. For example, to allow arming the system without waking people with the audible countdown.

The same applies to the second "problem". If you _select_ stay arming, bypassing the interior devices, the assumption is that you only want to arm the perimeter.

The system will switch from Away to stay if you don't exit during the countdown. The converse is not true.

Old 01-09-17, 12:40 PM
Stay & away buttons have to enter code now?

Ron,

Let me start by saying you have done a fantastic job over years. Was reading and used many of your suggestions.

I have a DSC PC1555 panel and PC5508Z keypad. Also have the installer code & master code with your help reading from other discussion forums.

Coming to my current issue..

I was having trouble light with 3..., found out .so I followed your following steps with little of missteps from me..

"Ok to disable the telephone monitoring and dialer starting from run mode:

Enter * 8 [installer code] (you are now in program mode)
Enter 015, then press 7 (the zone 7 led or number 7 in the LCD display will go out)
Press #
Enter 380, then press 1 (the zone 1 led or number 1 in the LCD will go out)
Press # until the system returns to run mode. This will disable the phone line monitor and turn off t *he dialer, respectively.

You may have to power down and restart the system to clear those particular trouble codes (some of the older versions of these panels required a restart or a full 24 hour wait). "

Basically, I did *8 (installer code) 015 7 Here I missed # went 3..got lost did # and came back redid this correctly. Redoing correctly fixed the trouble light..but first miss step may have messed up my stay and away button..now I have press code to get them activated.

How do I go back to one step arm stay and away? Or will it be back after 24hr wait period. Thanks for your help...

Old 01-09-17, 05:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Turn programming location 015 option 3 back ON. You may have turned off Option 4, as well.

Installer manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13789

Old 01-10-17, 01:40 PM
Sequence programming

Thanks Ron for your prompt response and for attaching the manual. Would kind enough to give me the programming sequence to get the Stay and Arm button activated again. My half baked knowledge after reading the manual may do more damage than helping myself.

Thanks again
Rakumu

Old 01-10-17, 07:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
*8 [installer code]
Press 3 - The LED for zone 3 will turn on
Press 4 - The LED for zone 4 will turn on
Press # until you exit programming

If you altered no other settings, the quick arm keys should work again as they did before.

Old 01-10-17, 08:28 PM
Thank you.

Ron, you are an asset to do it your self community for helping for so many years! Thank you

Old 01-12-17, 01:43 PM
Cooling Fan for DSC PC1555

Ron, I noticed the heat sink (Aluminum) get really hot, also noticed it is an airtight enclosed environment. Wondered if I use the aux connections for a low amp 12volt fan and also drill small 1/4" holes on the metal lid/enclosure box outside for some air circulation. Any thoughts or ideas? Thx

Old 01-12-17, 04:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
In general, unless you have that can so jammed with wiring that there is no free air space, the radiant cooling will be just fine, even in that enclosure. That heat sink is pretty much correctly sized to do it's job in that space.

Old 01-11-19, 06:47 PM
MrRonFL,
I've been reading your helpful instructions on the DSC1555 alarm, but am not finding an answer to the issue I have. The system is DSC PC5508Z and it is locked in armed mode. Currently, it's unplugged since I can't disarm it. When it is plugged in, the bypass, trouble and armed lights are one. The last time we used it, it was in arm mode and we unplugged it. So I believe it's still in arm mode and I don't have the master code. Can you help? Thank you in advance.

Old 01-11-19, 07:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
PC 5508Z is the keypad model. What is the model of the alarm control it's connected to?

Assuming that it is a PC1555, then if it's currently armed, short of a lucky guess at the user code, the only other option that you have is to perform a hardware default.

Old 01-11-19, 08:09 PM
Thank you. Sorry, the model is PC5010 UA186. Hoping this older model might have an easier solution.

Old 01-12-19, 05:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The PC 5010 is actually a more advanced model. Similar basic programming, but a _lot_ more options, and some of the features are in slightly different programming locations.

_All_ DSC power series panels (including the current ones) work this way, regarding the access to programming. If it's armed, you either make a lucky (or brute force of entering code after code) disarm; or you use the hardware default.

Installer manual: http://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13802
Programming worksheets: http://cms.dsc.com/download2.php?t=1&id=13805

The hardware default procedure is on page 37-38.
Be aware that if the original installer used the lockout feature, everything _except_ the installer code will default.