DSC 1832 / RF5132-433 wireless zone 'assigments'

Old 03-12-16, 10:36 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 1832 / RF5132-433 wireless zone 'assigments'

Had a DSC 832 with one wireless zone ( and several wired zones ) all working fine.

Had some issue getting the wireless zone to work and somewhere along the line, I was told or heard or read or something that wireless zones using 832 / 5132 had to be on the main board - they would not work if assigned to zones on zone expansion boards ( 09 - 32 ). Put the wireless zone on the main board and all was well.

Now in the process of building / installing new system using DSC 1832 main board ( and most components from former DSC 832 system including 5132 and a WS4945.
In reading a bit more carefully, it appears that wireless zones can in fact be defined / installed on a zone other than the 8 on the main board.

Question is - is it true that I can in fact define the wireless zones to a zone not on the main board ?? ( if so, it makes my zone 'number / location' logic a lot simpler !! )

Thanks in Advance for help.

Old 03-13-16, 10:29 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
One of the somewhat unique traits of the DSC wireless scheme is that wired and wireless zones can intermingle. You just can't have a wireless transmitter _share_ a zone with a wired input (it's wired OR wireless, never both).

I suspect that you are getting slightly garbled information. If you are using a wired zone expander, it is easier and better to not mix in the wireless zones, simply because it's one more thing to keep straight while you are doing configuration...

Old 03-13-16, 11:33 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank You MrRonFL.
That's what I needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: