Please help with Safewatch Pro 3000

Old 03-14-16, 08:16 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Please help with Safewatch Pro 3000

My alarm system was installed by ADT a few years ago. After my contract was satisfied, I chose to no longer have it monotired, it is audible only with no motion sensors. Also recently I had my home phone removed from my residence, using only my cell. The alarm panel says FC and by the owner's manual this indicates a Comm Failure. I'm guessing that this is occurring since I no longer have a home phone. Am I interpreting this correctly? And, is there a way to clear that FC notification from the screen? Thank you for any replies!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-16, 08:52 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
To clear the FC you have to get into programming and delete the central station phone numbers:

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.

To turn off the dialer on _most_ Honeywell/Ademco panels (and clones):
Once in programming enter *41* and *42*. This erases the dial out phone numbers and turns off the dialer. Check your install manual, there are a few obscure models that the phone numbers are in a different location.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html