ADT contract and adding deivces / re-programming

Old 03-17-16, 12:53 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT contract and adding deivces / re-programming

I have seen on many forums and posts that it is a violation of ADT's contract to modify, re-program, or add devices to the system they monitor and installed. I have read my contract several times and I can't see anywhere in it that states that. Would someone have the exact wording or can tell me where to find somewhere that says the user can't modify the system?

Thanks.

Old 03-17-16, 01:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,422 Votes on 1,315 Posts
I don't have one of their contracts to read from but I do know as an alarm installer that our central station only take changes in monitoring from the installing company.

That means if anything is added or changed in the system.... especially when it comes to monitored points.... they need to be notified. They WILL NOT dispatch on an un-identified point which is what would happen of you tried to install your own device.

Old 03-17-16, 01:24 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks. But are you referring to ADT receiving the signal and calling the emergency contact or calling the emergency contact and if no answer, they will just disregard the alarm and not send police/fire? I have seen systems that have had zones added and when they are tripped, ADT calls as if it was in their system but they just give you the zone number and alarm type instead of saying a location name. They always ask if the person wants the police to respond and ask for the verification word. Just to be clear, when ADT calls for an alarm from a device not in their system, and there is no answer when they call, they will just clear it?

Old 03-17-16, 01:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,422 Votes on 1,315 Posts
How they respond is how you have it set up with them. If you are on "verification first" and they call and no one answers..... they dispatch. Same as my company would do.

On immediate dispatch.... they just send the police immediately with no call first.

I don't know exactly how ADT handles the unknown point.... the info I left is how most independent monitoring companies handle it.

Old 03-17-16, 04:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 123 Votes on 114 Posts
In my experience, it seems to vary based on the type of signal. Something that they identify as a high priority (like a zone configured as fire, or panic) they will dispatch on as an unknown. For a perimeter or interior zone signal, they've been hit and miss, but will generally default to a dispatch.

In terms of their contract, altering the installation triggers exclusions to their indemnification and warranty of your system.

http://www.adt.com/content/dam/adt-c...i_Contract.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: