ADT 3000 Safewatch

Old 03-28-16, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT 3000 Safewatch

Have ADT 3000 Safewatch and have never had it hooked up through the company. Always have have chime and sound if alarm is armed. Recently, have a Low Battery signal at key pad and constant beeping in the middle of the night that needs attention. I am trying to change the battery, but can't find it at all. There are no access panels in the garage or any closet in the house to be at all! I live in CA so no basement either. I went into attic but can't find anything except a small transformer labeled ADT (I'm guessing) that sits next to my air handler. Any one have any suggestions how I might be able to find the control panel?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-16, 05:18 PM
Safewatch 3000 ADT System

Have ADT 3000 Safewatch and have never had it hooked up through the company. Always have have chime and sound if alarm is armed. Recently, have a Low Battery signal at key pad and constant beeping in the middle of the night that needs attention. I am trying to change the battery, but can't find it at all. There are no access panels in the garage or any closet in the house to be at all! I live in CA so no basement either. I went into attic but can't find anything except a small transformer labeled ADT (I'm guessing) that sits next to my air handler. Any one have any suggestions how I might be able to find the control panel?

Old 03-28-16, 08:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Typically the most common location for the alarm control enclosure box is in the master suite closet. In very rare installations, the alarm control board and battery get installed in a structured wiring enclosure.

Typically, though, look above the door level of the closets, and on the back wall of the master closet. It's a 12" X 16" beige box, so can easily blend in on a light colored wall in dim light.

Once in a blue moon they install it in the attic, but that's also uncommon. If you found the transformer, typically it will be on an nearby wall.

Old 03-29-16, 05:15 PM
Mine did this when I moved in to my house.

The alarm is usually in a beige metal box, about 15" tall and 13" wide, and only three or four inches deep. That transformer has a wire that will lead you to it, if you can trace it. Look up high in closets other inconspicuous places. Mine takes a ladder to get to it.

The box may be locked; check to see if the key is lying on top of it.

The beeping is a low battery in the alarm box itself. It's a 12V sealed lead acid battery. I was able to get one at Fry's, but you may have to go on-line. There's two connectors on the battery, you just unplug the old one and plug in a new one.

If you can't find the box, or can't get a battery, you can depower the whole thing by unplugging that AC adapter. You'll lose the chime, etc., but you'll shut it up till you can get it sorted out.

Old 03-29-16, 09:08 PM
ADT 3000 Safewatch

Thanks. It isn't in any of my closets. I'm guessing it is in the attic covered by insulation since the transformer is up there. I will try to trace the wire back Here's to hoping it is there. If anyone has any other idea, I will take it. Thanks again.

Old 03-29-16, 09:22 PM
Hey! I got dirty and traced the wires to a closet in my kids room. You were right, it was directly above the opening. I will just find the correct replacement battery! Thanks again for all of your help!

Old 04-22-16, 01:09 AM
ADT 3000 wifi and functionality @MrRonFL (and others)

Hey there, I'd like to direct this at MrRonFL, as you seem to know tons about the ADT 3000.
Former tenants of mine installed the unit for work purposes. I'd intended to remove it upon their leaving, particularly because i'm pretty sure the wifi was screwing up my wifi next door. I've disabled its AC power and batteries. That said, now that i take a look at it, and read some documentation, is there some useful function that it can still perform locally, especially if it doesn't require wifi?
for instance, there's a smoke alarm on the 2nd floor -- that'd be great to continue. and it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep the door alarms, though i'm less concerned about windows.
Any opinion about wifi interference from the unit? I've understand that wifi signals from devices such as baby monitors and security systems don't appear in wifi analyzers, so their effect is hidden from critique. I've had intolerable situations in the recent past with my wifi and have spent literally hundreds of hours and dollars in remedy.
if this thing is indeed useless, i'd like to yank it out before my soon-to-be-sleep-deprived new tenants get tempted to protect their newborn from unimaginable harm, and hook the damn thing up again.
thanks for your insight!
Lo

Old 04-22-16, 03:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Security systems wireless work on a totally different frequency range than WiFi. If the system has wireless devices, short of something strange, like installing the WiFi router right next to the security system, there should be no issues.

I've heard of WiFi interfering with security devices, but not really the other way around.

Old 04-22-16, 01:02 PM
Thank you for your quick response.

So, perhaps i should power it up again and try to use it without 'monitoring'?
In a separate thread somewhere here, there's some advice about codes to use to enable its use without monitoring. Not sure if those codes are applicable to the ADT3000. Do you happen to have instructions?

Old 04-22-16, 03:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
A Safewatch 3000 is a slightly modified Vista 20p, so all of the threads for a Vista 20p will apply.
Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html

Old 06-11-16, 08:03 AM
How do I remove an ADT pulse system from my home?

Old 06-11-16, 08:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
"ADT Pulse" isn't really a "system", it's actually multiple independent systems that ADT markets using a common interface system. What you have is usually an intrusion alarm, maybe a couple of cameras, and possibly a home automation interface.

If you just want to disable the "system" you have to identify the individual components and power them all down.

In short, you need to give us a better idea of what components you actually have for anyone to be able to suggest a course of action for you to follow.