handshake with security panel on personal phone?

Old 03-30-16, 10:19 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
handshake with security panel on personal phone?

Hi, I have an old Concord Express security panel in my house. I've successfully reset the panel, and set the CS phone number to be my cell phone number. When the system did communication test, it could call my phone number (through an Obihai VOIP), I simply answer and hang up. But then it would keep calling until it determined the calls failed. I am suspecting that I failed to handshake with the panel by simply "answer and hang up".

Can you give me some suggestion/idea how to do the "handshake"? Any specific combination of the keys to tell the panel that I get the call?

Old 03-30-16, 10:40 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,949 Upvotes on 3,542 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You cannot use your phone number as the CS number. Only the CS can handshake with the panel.

Not being sure of your programming.... there may be another place in programming where you can alert a phone user.

Old 03-30-16, 11:59 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You need to program the phone number as a "pager" phone. See page 22 of the installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...%20Rev%20C.pdf

Old 03-31-16, 01:34 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bumper....read some post about using cell phone#, and then realize I was reading DSC panels...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: