Lost master code need to reset it

Old 03-30-16, 03:09 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lost master code need to reset it

Hello I did the power it down then back up hit the * and # at the same time then #20 it read this back for the code 00 00 12 02 what would the code be out of that if that's what it is
Thank you for any help

Old 03-30-16, 09:17 PM
C
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
I assume you're talking about a Honeywell/Ademco Vista system? What model number?

I seriously doubt that's what it read back. Do the procedure and watch the readout again, closely. I expect that you'll find that the first digit is always [0], and you count only the 2nd digit to read the code.

I can't say that I'm absolutely certain that you can't enter hexadecimal digits for a program code--I've never heard of it being done, but I've never tried it either.
If 00-00-12-02 is actually entered in your Installer Code field (20), then the code is zero-zero-C-two; rather than get into how to enter a "C" in your Installer Code (if that's really in there), why don't you pick a new installer code? Go into programming and enter *CODE with the 4-digit code of your own choosing.

EDIT: The model of your panel DOES make a difference here. If you have an older model Vista Panel like a 4110 version, Programming Field 20 might give the Master Code that serves as Master User and Programming Code. In newer models, the Installer Code at Field 20 is different from your Master User Code that you arm and disarm with. If you have a newer model, do NOT use the Installer Code (Field 20) for everyday arming and disarming. There is a possibility that you can one day lock yourself out of your control panel if you do and not be able to disarm or get into programming again.

So I ask again: What model control panel do you have?

2nd EDIT: Okay, I see you posted a prior thread with your model number and you do indeed have an Ademco 4110 clone, so Field 20 is indeed your Master Code and you won't lock yourself out of your panel. I still can't believe it's 00-00-12-02.

Last edited by ChosunOne; 03-30-16 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-30-16, 10:04 PM
I
I will try to change the master code after work that's the first time I've heard to use the *code the manual I have didn't tell me that . thank you so much for your input

Old 03-30-16, 10:28 PM
I
I download the manual for the 4110 have to read the one over now I have the one for a fa110c but it doesn't seem to be the right one

Old 03-30-16, 10:43 PM
I
Here is a pic of my keypad and control panel could someone tell me what manual I need to download for it

Attached Images  

Last edited by ItsJustBob; 03-30-16 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-30-16, 11:11 PM
I
Will it won't let me upload the control panel picture

Old 03-31-16, 05:39 AM
T
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
I've heard about HEX in a code to keep it from being used. It was quite a few years ago and if I knew what panel it was, I've forgotten. I think it was done by downloader to make sure NOBODY could get into the panel without the office knowing about it. I could see potential problems and never attempted it.

Seems like it would work, if it were possible. I can't think of a panel that allows HEX entry outside of programming. Coders for the data entry routines should validate the entry as a error check before writing it to memory.

Old 03-31-16, 06:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
Of all of the branded Ademco clone panels, First Alert models are the most likely to have had some sort of installer lockout applied.

A photo of the mother board isn't really needed. What's the model number on the wiring diagram on the enclosure door? Failing that, there should be a model number on the edge of the printed circuit board on the system board.

Old 03-31-16, 07:29 AM
I
I did find the # SA4110GENC If I could just change the user codes and turn the motion detection zone back on it was turned off for big pets I would be good I can get in programming mod with the # and *

Last edited by ItsJustBob; 03-31-16 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-31-16, 08:44 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like one of the early FA versions of the 4110 system. See if this manual matches up: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

See if that matches up.

If so, then #20 is giving you the master code (on these, master code and installer code was basically the same).

If it actually _is_ reading back 00 00 12 02, then the download software was used to lock out the ability to manually change the master code. All you can do at that point is to replace the alarm control and keypad(s). This system is circa 1992, at it's newest.

Old 03-31-16, 09:00 AM
I
So if I can't get the master code I can't change anything in it like user codes and turn a zone back on

Old 03-31-16, 01:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
No, you can't add or change a user code without knowing the master code. Since it looks like you _can_ bootstrap into programming, on this model, you can change the zone type (I am assuming that one or more of your hardwired zone inputs was programmed to 'disabled').

Old 03-31-16, 07:47 PM
I
I followed that manual and got the master code was able to put in a new user code. Now only one thing left the motion detector is still not working the alarm.
When I move around in the living room the red light does come so I have power but none of the zones have a zero in them for the response type they are all 1,2, 3, 7 or 8 I know it was disabled for dogs when we got the house new. Is there a way to test it at the motion sensor what reading should I get from the leads. Thank you so much for all the help

Last edited by ItsJustBob; 03-31-16 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-31-16, 10:53 PM
C
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
First of all, you should know what zone the motion sensor is on. If you don't have a zone list, 6 zones isn't that many. Pressing * on the keypad makes it display any faulted zones. Open doors, windows, etc, one at a time and see what's on each zone--after you've identified five of them, the one remaining will be the motion sensor.

It's just much easier to type (for example), "Zone 5" than to type, "Whatever zone your motion sensor is on."

Your motion sensor may not be disabled in programming. It's possible it's disabled in the connections at the panel. After you've identified which zone it's on, look at the diagram of panel zone terminals (where the wires are connected at the bottom of the panel), and see how that zone is connected. You may find wire(s) disconnected and a 1K Resistor across the zone terminals. Let us know what you find.

Once you get that zone working, your motion zone should be programmed for Response Type 4.

Old 04-01-16, 03:19 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
They could have also simply twisted the zone wires together at the motion itself. It's the fastest, simplest, way to make dummy off the zone while leaving the illusion that the motion is active.

The third possibility is that the relay in the motion has simply failed in the closed position.

Old 04-01-16, 09:36 PM
I
here is a picture of my control panel the motion detector is the yellow and green wire hooked to terminal 12 and a resistor crosses over to 11. I think all I need to make it work is disconnect the yellow wire and resister from #12 cap that end and leave the resister connected to 11 what do you think Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  48.4 KB

Old 04-02-16, 02:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The resistor needs to be connected to the end of one of the two wires (in series). One wire goes on 11, the other goes on 12. It doesn't matter which one has the resistor.

Old 04-03-16, 08:19 AM
I
It works now just have to replace the motion detector it's old and brittle broke the tabs. Thank you so much for all the help everyone

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: