Nx-6v2 Wireless Radio Frequency (RF)

Old 04-08-16, 12:52 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nx-6v2 Wireless Radio Frequency (RF)

Hi

I'm fairly an amateur when it comes to alarm systems so please correct me if I mis-speak.

I have NX-6V2 for my alarm system. Last year, I had it programmed to connect to the central station through wireless service (radio frequency). However, I changed my internet service recently so now my alarm system no longer connects to the central system. I believe my IP address might have changed so the alarm system can't connect to it anymore (at least that's what the alarm system technician mentioned over the phone but he didn't sound too confident).

My question is how can I reprogram my system to connect to the new internet service so that my alarm system can connect to the central station again through radio frequency? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
TA

Old 04-08-16, 02:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

There is a wireless module that only communicates thru the cellular network and then there is combination wireless/IP communicator. When you communicate only thru the network then you are communicating with data..... not wireless.

Usually the communicator is set up for DHCP which means it gets its address from the router automatically. Your alarm company may have programmed a static IP in it (like I always do) requiring you to have your alarm company make the programming changes.

Do you know what you have for a communicator ?
It's probably separate from the alarm panel as I believe the NX-6v2 only comes with a phone line communicator.

Old 04-08-16, 05:38 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have T-Link TL300 as the communicator.

Old 04-08-16, 06:30 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The programming and configuration for the T-link is independent of the security panel programming.

Old 04-08-16, 08:10 PM
Group Moderator
Ok... that's a basic dial capture internet communicator.

I believe my IP address might have changed so the alarm system can't connect to it anymore
Your WAN IP did change because you changed providers. The central station doesn't rely on your IP to connect. Just the opposite.... you connect with them. What did change was the IP scheme of the new router.

As far as I know...... in the programming it appears that you need to enter four pieces of information for IP addresses. Unless you know the IP for your central station there isn't much you can do. You're going to need to call your alarm service tech for re-programming.

Old 04-09-16, 06:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The most likely thing that needs to be fixed with a change in routers/service, is that you will need to have the port forwarding on the router setup to allow two way communication with the central station.

Old 04-09-16, 09:21 AM
Group Moderator
Since the panel initiates the communication to the central station.... it shouldn't require port forwarding. For remote programming or inbound system access.... port forwarding would be needed. I don't think this module allows remote programming thru it.

Old 04-09-16, 12:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The port forward is often necessary to allow the acknowledgement of the transmission to be returned to the communicator. Sometimes they just need a "locked" port such as in the of the DSC T-Link models (page 12): http://www.intek.co.nz/content/docum...t%20Manual.pdf

I love the concept of IP communicators; but the required network/router variables often make them a pain in the neck to configure and keep working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: