2nd Owner Need help to setup FA120C

Old 04-11-16, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2nd Owner Need help to setup FA120C

Hi,

I am a newbie to all this security system setup. However, I have been reading the forum from few days to fix my security system.

I was able to successfully reset my installer Code and Master code for this system with the help of this forum.

I am hoping you guys can help me. I am getting the 09 Check error. When i press * key on the keypad. I am able to see 01, 03 and 09. When i try to alarmed the system, then system display 09 check and doesn't proceed further.

below are the pictures ... All the sensor are hard wired.

Thanks

Name:  IMG_4020.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  28.2 KBName:  IMG_4019.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  41.4 KBName:  IMG_4018.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  44.5 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-16, 04:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 478 Votes on 448 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried entering [CODE] + [OFF] two times in a row ?

Zone 9 is a tamper fault. You need the cover on the wireless receiver before that 09 will clear.

Old 04-11-16, 06:38 PM
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your response, Yes, i did try [CODE] + [OFF] 2 times but it brings to same error 09 check code.

I took the cover off to take the pics. I also found programming sheet in the box. But i am unable to get rid of this error.

any other way i can reset ? I have also programed the *22 and * 24 to 0 but still no luck.

Thanks

Old 04-11-16, 08:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
The FA 120c is essentially a Vista 10se: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Adem...n%20Manual.pdf

If it's showing a Check 9, that means the there is either a wireless or wired expansion module that is missing; or that a zone has been programmed that would be on one of those (this often happens when people try to do zone programming without having an alpha model keypad) without actually having an expander. It can also happen if someone swaps a Wireless receiver keypad for a standard one.

Old 04-12-16, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I am not getting the "NOT READY" sign. When i press on "*" it says 01 and 03.

Do you know how to check Zone 01 and 03 ? and how can locate them in the house ?

Thanks

Old 04-12-16, 07:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
It looks like no one left you a zone list on the keypad or tucked into your programming sheet.

Most typically, zone one is the entry/exit doors. If you had a door replaced, they probably threw away the zone magnet that was in the edge of the door.

Zone 3 could be anything. Normally the way to figure out the zones is to turn on the chime feature and open/close one door/window at a time. The ones the don't chime are going to be your missing zones. Again, most often the problem will be a missing magnet.