How do I setup a door like an interior follower with NX panel?

Old 05-18-16, 09:36 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How do I setup a door like an interior follower with NX panel?

OK, here's my situation:

I just bought a new house. It's got a fully wired alarm system based on the Interlogix/GE NX8 panel (with expansion card). House has a large attached shop/garage, which is fully finished and outfitted with thousands of dollars of my tools and equipment. In other words, I consider the garage/shop to be part of the house proper, as did the previous owner. For example, there is no lock on the door between the house and the shop, and there are two keypads in the shop (different doors), as well as a keypad inside the house.

I've purchased and installed a cellular communicator, and the system is now being monitoring via Alarm.com, which is working fine.

The perimeter and E/E doors in the shop (and house) are all alarmed, and there are motion sensors in the shop and house. (The overhead garage doors are not monitoring, which is a separate issue that I'll need to address at some point).

The door between the house and shop is monitored with a contact sensor, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how best to configure it. When I bought the house, it was assigned as a E/E door, but I don't like that setting since it requires me to disarm (even in stay mode) to pass between the shop and house.

What I would like the door to do is trigger an instant alarm in Away Mode, and do nothing in Stay Mode. So I tried configuring it as an interior follower, but that makes Alarm.com think it's a motion sensor, which generates faulty system status reports. I've read through the manual a few times, but I can't find any way to configure a zone as an interior follower, and also configure the hardware as a contact sensor (which is what I did in my previous house, which had a 2Gig based system).

Any suggestions?

Old 05-18-16, 01:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 122 Votes on 113 Posts
What you have is really more a zone description problem with Alarm.com. If you tell them that zone #X is an interior door, then that's what they are supposed put it in their zone response chart as. The zone type, is immaterial. Interior and interior follower type zones are used for a lot more than motion detectors.

You don't really have a configuration problem, you have a customer support problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: