Sensors not working right - Vista 20P

Old 05-20-16, 11:25 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sensors not working right - Vista 20P

I've reinstalled my Vista 20P panel into my new home, and I'm only using wireless sensors for this installation. I've gone through the setup procedure. The 6150 and 6150RF panels seem to be working properly. I've setup Zone 11 as a single Exit/Entry 1 location using a 5820L sensor. I have Zones 09 and 10 setup for my 5808W3 Smoke/Temperature Detectors. All of the devices registered the serial numbers automatically when faulted. Problem is, I can't get the sensors to work. When I separate the transmitter and magnet, nothing happens. There's no chime, no open notification, nothing. I can arm the panel with the sensor open. Opening the sensor after the panel is armed does nothing. I'm not sure what's going on here.

The RF panel is set to address 17, and the 6150 panel is set to 16. I used *56 to program the zones and sensors. I've tried switching the sensor to Perimeter with the same result. Nothing seems to be working.

Can anyone suggest something to track down? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-16, 01:04 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Votes on 73 Posts
What loop number do you have the transmitter set to?
Have you double checked to make sure you have the zone type set correctly?

I hope that one of your keypads is actually a 6160, because you can't really accurately access the *56 menu with a 6150 model keypad...

Old 05-20-16, 01:51 PM
J
MrRonFL, actually, you're right, the keypad is a 6160 and the other a 6150RF. The loop number of the smoke detectors on Zone 09 and 10 are both 1. The loop number on the Entry/Exit #1 sensor is 4. I just accepted the defaults. Is that right? The Zone Type is set for 01 Entry/Exit #1. I also tried 03 Perimeter with the same results.

Also, if I'm not using hardwire, do I put the 2000 ohm resistors across the terminals? I tried them with and without. I have them all disabled (1 through 8).

Thanks for the response!

Last edited by jjudson; 05-20-16 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-20-16, 02:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Nope, the correct loop number for that transmitter to function is loop 1. It's in the installation instructions, but it's a single line buried in a paragraph, and easy to overlook.

If the hardwired inputs on the main board are disabled, you don't really need the resistors, but it's as good a way as any, to store them for future use, should you need the hardwired inputs, down the line...

Old 05-20-16, 03:31 PM
J
MrRonFL, you are my hero...

Is there a place that describes the various loop numbers and what they are used for?

Also, would the loop number 1 that the smoke detectors are on be correct for them?

Old 05-20-16, 03:52 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It's in the device instructions. Some of the more common transmitters have a listing in the Vista panel programming instructions, but it's always on the device instructions.

Old 05-20-16, 04:07 PM
J
Okay, and one last question MrRonFL before I let you go: I take it you need a separate zone for each wireless device? Can you put more than one in each zone like you can with wired?

Thanks for everything! The panel's working fine now.

Old 05-20-16, 04:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Each transmitter must be an individual zone; no sharing.