GE Concord International

Old 06-08-16, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Concord International

I'm based in Ireland and had a GE Concord International fitted in my home in 2007. The model no is 60-840-43-482. Its euro 220-240 vac. It's a hybrid model that operates purely in wireless mode with wireless sensors and is quite similar to the American Concord 4 in layout and design.

I've managed to track down an installer's manual which was very helpful plus I have the dealer code which allowed me to complete access to all the menu systems.

What I can't find is any really useful technical specifications. What I am trying to do is look at the possibility of connecting an RS232 HA unit but before I purchase one I need to know if the panel software supports it. I ran a System Version and the following reports

Factory Code 2012220
System Number 0022167
System Level 0704

I understand that this may make no sense to anyone outside Europe but I thought I would ask the question anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-16, 06:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
The Add on boards are generally pretty much interchangeable. Once the AC power conversion is handled, they all work on 12VDC; and to my knowledge, those basic function boards like that are all the same, other than the ones specific to regional cellular data networks.

Old 06-09-16, 11:09 AM
The add-on boards from the USA do indeed work on my panel. My dilemma is the GE Interlogix RS232 Home Automation add-on requires Concord software version 2.5 or later. I included the report from the Version option on the menu in my previous post. I'm wondering if this particular panel's EEPROM might include the software to recognise a HA add-on card. I know it's a big ask as there's not much information on the web about this panel.

Old 06-09-16, 11:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
There's one person who participates here that is a GE product guru. He might be able to give you a more specific answer. Without a direct firmware revision number, there's no information on the GE/UTC website that allows you to make that "apples to apples" match with such a niche market product, even for people who have tech support access.

Old 06-09-16, 07:43 PM
Yes the GEGuy seems to be the man ok. All I can give here is the Version info supplied in my original post. I reckon it was a bespoke manufactured order for the international market. As I stated I have both the users manual and the installers manual for this panel but can find little else on the web. I'd appreciate any history/info on this panel but thanks anyway RonFL

Old 06-12-16, 07:50 AM
It looks like this panel has software version 2.01 so that's the home automation module out.

Has anybody ever tapped into the keypad and figured out what communication protocol is being used between it and the panel.

I've looked into some work being carried on virtual keypad modules using an Arduino Uno and an Ethernet Shield. Looks quite promising and could be of use to owners of Concord panels with version 2 software and no way of connecting up an RS232 module.

Remote Access Your Home Alarm

Internet Enable a HKC Home Alarm

Remote Access Your Home Alarm

Old 06-12-16, 09:54 PM
Does your Installer/User Manual have a designation like "Concord 4" or "Concord 3"? Don't get hung up on the software version. It's the panel version you need to figure out...
My guess (I didn't get too much exposure to the international version) is that you have a Concord 4 motherboard and should have no problem...Concord 2.5 is pretty darn old. Concord 3 hit the market about 2003....

Question...are the antenna's on the motherboard covered in plastic, or are they solid white skinny copper like?

Can you post a pic?

Old 06-13-16, 06:39 AM
Ok. The panel's full title is International Concord. Manufactured by GE Interlogix Copyright 2003.Model No 60-840-43-48z Rev O. Description International Concord 48 zone with voice module.

Dual antenna wires soldered to the top edge of the motherboard covered in white insulation similar to cabling and hard plastic covers which pop over the top and clip into the plastic housing.The keypad sits into the front of the housing.

Pictures attached of housing, motherboard and user manual spec.

Attached Images    
Old 06-13-16, 06:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's an all in one unit! Kind of a mutant child of a Concord and a Simon.

They don't sell any analog to that in North America.

Old 06-14-16, 06:12 AM
Takes the same add-ons as the Concord 4. The only visible difference is the keypad is mounted inside the housing but you can remove this and attach an external keypad.

It accomodates both wired and wireless sensors with the addition of Snapcards.

The only thing that threw me was the fact that the Version number was reported as 2.01 but as the GEGuy mentioned not to get too caught up with this.

It'll be interesting to see if he comes back with anything further on this.

Old 06-15-16, 07:09 AM
Just for clarity I've posted a picture of the complete main panel.This may make it easier to identify any designations that the trained eye would recognise. According to the Installation maunual the panel supports both the Superbus and the Superbus2000 modules.

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-16, 08:34 PM
Those are Concord 3/4 antennas on that thing...

Full disclosure...
Never seen or handled the international version.

My guess is the home automation module will work. But that is a guess....

Old 06-17-16, 08:01 AM
Thanks GEGuy. I love the way you refer to it as "that thing" and MrRonFL's reference to a mutant. An alien Concord. A possible Hollywood scfi character lol.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the GE home automation module from homesecuritystore.com to try it out and see. I'll report back with my findings as soon as it arrives.

Do you know what protocol the keypad uses to communicate with the main panel on the Concord 4. I'm looking into the possibility of rigging up an Arduino in parallel with with the keypad in the form of virtual keypad. There's a number of other panels on the web that have had this mod carried out with varying degrees of success.

Once again guys a big thank you for your input.

Old 06-20-16, 05:01 PM
Old 06-26-16, 01:08 PM
Thanks for that GEGuy. Much appreciated

Old 07-01-16, 12:25 PM
Just an update on my progress.

I connected the automation module to the control panel as per the enclosed instructions. The Green Led power remained lit and the Red Led Superbus is flashing as per the instructions. The module is recognised on the panel Accesory Modules Device ID.

I connected a straight through serial cable between the HA module and the PC and opened a serial session on Putty. I configured the serial communication as per instruction.

When I press a key on the PC the Red Led labelled RS232 lights for a second so some form of connection is established between the PC and the HA module. When I press a key on the alarm control panel there's is nothing appearing on the PC Screen and the RS232 Led on the HA module does not light.

Would you have any suggestion on what I could try next or am I finding out now that the HA module is not compatible with this particular control panel

Old 07-06-16, 03:21 PM
Is there any way of ruling out a bad HA module. I believe quite a number of them have been know to arrive with customers faulty.

Old 07-07-16, 09:55 PM
In the SECURITY menu, try turning ACCESS CODE LOCK off.....

Old 07-09-16, 04:27 AM
GEGUY, the Concord International SECURITY menu ACCESSS CODE LOCK option is not an available.I've checked the installation manual and have verified this.

I can see where you are coming from though.I was thinking along the same lines.It looks like I have to allow the panel to communicate with RS232 HA module by opening some form of communication.The other Superbus2000 module I have installed the Voice/Dialer has a similar option under Phone Options-Phone Access Key which effectively allows the Superbus2000 Phone/Voice module to communicate with the panel

I accept the manufacturers advice that the AM is only compatible with the Concord(V2.5 or later), Concord 4, Concord Express V4 and the Advent panels.My problem here is trying to determine if the Concord International firmware is covered under one of the above.ie Concord(V2.5 or later)

On the AM module beside the RS232 led, there appears to be a bank of jumpers which allows the Am to be configured to either Printer,RS232 or Phast.Image attached.It is not highlighted in the installation manual.Is this purely for factory configuration or can the installer configure this.I noticed from research that there was a previous version of the AM that had a bank of DIP switches that clearly could be set for a particular mode of operation

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-16, 06:45 AM
GEGUY I'm adding a link to the Concord International Install manual.It may be of interest to you in helping to figure out exactly what a Concord International is.

http://site.geoarm.com/manuals/iti.i...nalconcord.pdf

Old 07-21-16, 11:35 AM
GEGUY did you get an opportunity to look at what I posted yet. If so were you able to make any sense of it

Old 07-25-16, 09:21 PM
That manual is the end user manual....
Install manual might shed some light

Old 07-27-16, 07:35 AM
Unhappy

I've tried to attach a copy of the Installer Manual but the attachment limit is 50kb on the forum.Any suggestion how I could get a copy of it to you GEGUY.

Old 07-27-16, 08:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Use a Drop Box link (or the equivalent).

Old 07-29-16, 08:29 PM
Hopefully this is the correct link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq4xpv4qvn...anual.pdf?dl=0

Old 07-30-16, 05:41 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Well, that explains a few things. This is a 13 year old system, so it predates a lot of the things you are trying to do. This was an all-in-one unit, so it's pretty limited. The list of add on devices and commands you have in the installer manual are all you have.

If you want to play with modern, more advanced, hardware, you will need a system upgrade...(no, there's no way to flash the firmware).

Old 07-30-16, 09:39 AM
As you are aware the Concord 4 only comes in a 110-120 volt version. From the installer manual I've attached you can see the power input/output of the Concord International. Is the output end of that power supply close to what the Concord 4 requires. The reason I ask is I could order a Concord 4 and use the power supply from the Concord International on the Concord 4 and solve a lot of my problems. I can't use a voltage step down supply as that would surely kill the PLC signal for x10.