ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Beeping Problems

Old 06-11-16, 09:51 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 Beeping Problems

I bought a house in 2011 with ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 already installed, but I no longer have ADT monitoring service. For about 5 years now, I have been using the system just for the chirping whenever a door or window is opened. It's been working fine for about 2 years, then the beeping started in or around 2013. I went online and found out that I had to replace the battery. I did that, plus some setting changes (I honestly don't remember what I did), and the system worked fine for several years until 2 weeks ago when the beeping began again. I thought it was the same problem, so I bought and replaced the battery. Also this time, I went online for advice and someone told me to do this: "6321 8 00" then "*41*" then "*42*" then "*99". I did this several times already, and when it usually worked for like half a day, then intermittently a beep would start, then after a while an incessant long beep would start ... For the last 2 days, it did this at 3 am and 5 am.... I really don't know what to do. The panel reads now "AC- Not Ready".... but when problem began, it would have "check"... and changing stations....
Can anyone please help point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-16, 06:58 PM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
When the keypad beeps at you, it's trying to tell you something. "Not Ready" indicates that one (or more) of your zones is either Faulted or in Trouble. WHICH ZONE is it? You may need to press * to get it to display the zone number. And what's on that zone(s)? Also relevant is whether zone is hardwired or wireless.

I would definitely not go back into programming unless you diagnose the problem first and KNOW you need to change something. If it has worked fine for several years, programming is unlikely to be the problem.

Old 06-11-16, 08:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
A "Safewatch 3000" is a modified Vista 20p.

Installation manual: http://www.nationwidesecuritycorp.co...all-Manual.pdf

See the section on system operation to interpret the trouble indicators.

User manual: http://www.security.honeywell.com/do...a15p_20pUM.pdf

Old 06-12-16, 05:22 AM
More Information

Last night at 5 AM, it beeps again, like the previous night. It seems to be a pattern. When it beeps, it showed "check" .. and flashing zone one after another (almost all). If I go through the sequence described in the last post again (i.e. 63218000*41**42**99), it would shut down temporarily for a couple of hours or so... then continue to beep.
When it does not beep, it displayed: AC, Not Ready, Chime
When it beeps, it showed Check ... plus various zone.

Is there a way just shut down everything so that the only that works is the chirping whenever a door or window is open? I have read the manual but that didn't help.

I thank you and appreciate all of your responses.

Old 06-12-16, 08:10 AM
If you have wireless sensors on the doors/windows, those too need new batteries every so many years. Replace all those batteries.

If you can't get it to work, might want to call a local alarm company to come and service it.

Old 06-12-16, 10:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
That sequence you keep parroting is for deleting the phone numbers in order to remove the failure to communicate trouble from the system. What you are actually doing is entering and exiting programming mode, which temporarily resets the timer for the existing system trouble.

It sounds like you are having trouble with your wireless receiver. Either all or most of your wireless transmitters are due for battery replacement, or your wireless receiver is failing (equal probability of either).

Security systems are all custom installations, by definition. Without a clear listing of what you have, in terms of hardware, it is very difficult for anyone to guide you. What part of the manual are you having trouble following?

Sorry, but this stuff does not lend itself to blind walkthrough instruction.