Keypads and Different Bypass Displays

Old 06-11-16, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Keypads and Different Bypass Displays

System:
DSC PC1832
RF5501 Keypad
DSC PK5500ENG

I started using the bypass option which I have not used since the system was installed.

Downstairs I have the PK5500 keypad. When I press "stay", the system goes through the normal exit delay and then the lock turns red and the display shows the date and time. I walked the house and no alarm, so that indicated to me that all interiors, wired and wireless, are disarmed and no bypass is activated as nothing is displayed to indicate otherwise. All things seems right.

However, when we use the RF5501 keypad upstairs to arm the system in "stay", the system goes through the countdown, the chime light eventually goes away, the lock turns red. However, the display shows "chime" but it is not lit, then below that it says "bypass", then a blank line and then "stay" and the display has the time. So, I am confused as to why the word "bypass" is listed as it means to me something is being bypassed which is not desired. I armed in "stay" mode by just pressing "stay" until it started arming.

So, do the RF5501 and PK5500 display differently and the PK5500 is just listing various words although they are not lit unlike the RF5501 which does not list anything? Bottom line, I am trying to figure out if the PK5500 is auto bypassing something since the word is listed?

Hope I provided everything needed to save all time.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-16, 08:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
They are both doing the same thing, just displaying it differently. The 5501 is a "fixed language" display. It's really a more elaborate version of the simple LED display. The 5500 keypad just doesn't display the bypass indicator, by default.

That functionality is not a function of the keypads, it is a system programming level function.

Old 06-12-16, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like just different displays with different keypads. That is good to know.