DSC Neo HS2064 Instalation

Old 06-22-16, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Neo Power Supply

I am installing an HS2064 Neo control panel which supplies 700 mA of auxiliary power. The system will include 8 HS2TCHP touchscreen keypads each of which draws a minimum of 160 mA for a total of 1280 ma. There are many other components to this alarm system that brings the total current draw up to 2676 mA. I have an Altronics EFLOW4N power supply which could supply up to 4 A of additional power. Can I make this compatible with the Neo HS2064. To do this could I split all but one of the keypads 12 volt power off of the main Corbus or attach the 12 V output from the EFLOW4N directly to the Corbis? If this is not possible and I were to add 2 HSM2300 Neo power supply modules would each module have to have its own battery or if I used 2 batteries could they be wired in parallel? Thank you for any help in this.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-16, 03:03 PM
DSC Neo HS2064 Instalation

Do you need to record the serial numbers of the wired keypads as you install them to identify them for programming? Are other wired devices identified by their serial numbers when you program them into the system? Thank you!

Old 06-22-16, 03:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
Keypads and modules have an electronic serial number that gets recorded when the command is entered during configuration. No need to write it down, unless you want a record as to which keypad is which serial number.

For the power supply, as long as you bond the negative of the power supply to the negative/common on the alarm control, you can power your keypads, etc. off of the external power supply.

Old 06-22-16, 03:37 PM
Bonding the negative to the Corbus negative and wiring the keypads etc. to the positive of the external power supply, will the neo system detect a loss of power to these externally powered components if the EFLOW4N fails? Do I lose any other functionality of the Neo HS2064 control panel with this arrangement? What would happen if I bonded both of the neg and positive external power supply leads to the corbus as neo does with its aux. power supply? Thanks again!

Last edited by andmfg52; 06-22-16 at 04:09 PM. Reason: thought of further question
Old 06-22-16, 04:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, the Neo has no way to monitor that power supply. They do make a power supply module for the system that the system can monitor. That may be what you really want:

http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=24219

Old 06-22-16, 04:22 PM
DSC Neo HS2064 & Alarm.com

When using alarm.com's services in an installation were a hard wired telephone line is available should you and can you use the telephone line as a backup to the cell phone communication.

Old 06-22-16, 05:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You can. It's actually one of the pre-set configurations that the hardware is set for.

Old 06-22-16, 05:32 PM
In response No 4 you didn't address if it would be helpful or not to bond both the pos and neg to the corbus as opposed to the neg only. This is the end of my questions for now and I appreciate your help! The EFLOW4N has contacts for AC failure and DC failure so I can probably have the alarm monitor it.

Old 06-22-16, 06:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No, when adding an external power supply board you ONLY bond the negative. If you connect the positive either the power supply, the main board, or both will be damaged.

Old 06-22-16, 08:05 PM
Thank you for you time it was very helpful!