How to wire zone to keypad

Old 06-23-16, 11:48 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to wire zone to keypad

I finally got the system working the way I want but I saw something on the manual I would like to use.

Panel DSC Pc1832 v4.2
keypad PK5500
type of zone I want to wire to the keypad: LC-100-PI definition 05
not using EOL resistors, section 013 is not to use resistors.
At panel, zones 1-6 are used leaving zones 7 8 9 free.

I get how to program the zone and all that, what i dont get is how to wire the zone at the keypad, I guess that on the sensor is should be normal, red + black - NC and C, but on the keypad I guess I can wire + - to the keypad + - but what about NC and common?

Here is a picture of the terminals at the keypad, the picture is from the old pk5501 but on pk5500 I have the exact same thing.

Name:  IMG_0702.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  50.1 KB

Old 06-24-16, 02:54 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Since you are using a motion, the thing that you have to remember is that the common terminals on security systems are all electrically common. To do this off of the keypad input, you actually only need 3 wires (you can do it with 4, but 3 is simpler and neater at the keypad).

Inside the motion, run a jumper from C to - power.
Connect your black and red to the motion's - & + power, connect your third wire (white, for example) to the NC terminal.

At the keypad end, connect the black and red to the black and red being used for keypad power. Connect the third wire to the p/z terminal.

I don't generally recommend connecting powered devices to the keypad, but I primarily deal with commercial installs, so my reflex is to home run everything to the motherboard, but this configuration will be just fine for a residential install.

Old 06-26-16, 08:18 AM
J
Thanks for the information, I thin I will go with tour recommendation and not be lazy and run the cable all the way to the panel.

Another question on the reporting section 320 and the other after that, see in the manual that those are defaulted to FF which I think is means "do no report" how do I enable them? I have an envisalink and I would like tot get notify about power outages, swinger shutdown, and all those notifications I have before I reset the panel,
For example, how do you enable the option on section 347 and 348?

Thanks again for your time !!!

Old 06-26-16, 09:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Basically, any non-zero/non FF entry into those reporting slots enables reporting.

Option programming is a toggle. Pressing the number associated with the given option simply toggles it on and off.

Read through the section in your manual titled "advanced keypad programming" on page 9 & 10.

http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007

Old 06-27-16, 05:11 PM
J
Thanks again for your help, turn out that what I really needed/wanted was disable the delay on notifications

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: