DSC Power632 (PC1555) program light

Old 07-03-16, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Power632 (PC1555) program light

Hi there,

I am a second owner of an apartment with a DSC Power 632 (PC1555) system with a single LED panel. We don't normally use the system, but recently I noticed that the 'Program' light is constantly on. As well, when one of the zones is triggered, the light for that zone as well as for zone 6 also turns on (we don't have a zone 6), which didn't use to happen. I checked the Instruction Manuel, and the only thing it mentions regarding the Program light is that a) flashing means I'm in programming mode (not the case) or b) the light turns on when someone is programming at another keypad (again, not the case since we only have the one keypad).

Any advice on what the problem is and/or how to clear this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-16, 08:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 36 Posts
The program light is also used to indicate an outstanding trouble. Press *2 and compare it to the chart on page 9 of the installation manual:

http://www.globalsecurity.co.nz/uplo...r%20manual.pdf

It is possible that your zone programming has been corrupted by the system experiencing a power failure on a very weak battery (more common on the older models, like this one), or you may simply have some odd wiring. Are you _sure_ there are no wires connected to the zone 6 terminals on the motherboard?

Old 07-06-16, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oddly, when I got home today, the 'Program' light is now off and the zone 6 light no longer turns on when the other zones are triggered, so it seems to have resolved itself.

Thanks for your reply though. The battery was low when we took bought the apartment, but we replaced it with a fresh battery. If this issue happens again, I'll see what the trouble indicator shows. Is the motherboard in the keypad panel, or is it located in the alarm box? I wouldn't think anything is connected to zone 6, but I guess you never know...

Old 07-06-16, 03:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 36 Posts
The zone 6 connection will be on the motherboard. Some models of DSC keypad _can_ have a zone connected to the z connection on the back, but when that is done, they typically use a zone number other than one of the regular hardwired zone numbers.