Driveway sensor comments - GE/Resolution RE104

Old 07-08-16, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Driveway sensor comments - GE/Resolution RE104

So I've had this for about a week and half now and it has been a big disappointment. The success rate on detecting cars in the drive is about 1 out of 5. I've tried everything Resolution Products recommended and still no improvement. I've called tech support and while very knowledgeable I unfortunately think this is an inferior product.

I was using a Mighty Mule driveway sensor to alert me to when vehicles approach the house. The success rate for it was 9 out of 10. The range from sensor to house is also much greater for the Mighty Mule. I have had to reduce the range by half for the RE104.

The reason for trying to switch to a GE sensor is that I would like to have the sensor trigger a scene when tripped for my zwave controlled lights. I'm using FrontPoint's new IQ Touch Panel.

If anyone has any further suggestions I'm all ears, otherwise I'll be scrapping it.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-16, 02:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 370 Votes on 347 Posts
I'm not familiar with that GE sensor system but I do know of the Mighty Mule equipment.
Why don't you use the MM sensor ?
Incompatible output ?

Old 07-09-16, 05:51 AM
I'm not sure how to integrate the MM system into my Frontpoint (GE/Simon XT) system? It's a simple sensor with a receiver that sits inside the house and beeps.

Old 07-09-16, 06:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Many of those receiver units have a "form C" (NO-C-NC) relay output that you could connect to the hardwired input of one of the Simon transmitters. The Mighty Mule may not, but there are several, similar systems that do.

I like the Optex 2000 system. It's not the _cheapest_ but they are reliable, and seem to hold up in a fairly harsh environment (Florida) pretty well.

Old 07-10-16, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the info Ron, I'll check out the Optex. I've looked at the MM and unfortunately it doesn't have outputs you mentioned.