Enable / Disable home alarm security zones in DSC PC1616 board

Old 07-10-16, 10:41 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Enable / Disable home alarm security zones in DSC PC1616 board

Howdy,
I have a home alarm security board DSC PC1616 which supports 6 zones.
Due to a defect on the physical wiring to zone #4, many years ago the previous technician told me he has disabled that zone for me to be able to arm the rest of other zones.
Now I have fixed the physical wiring and try to put Zone4 back in use. The wire was previously unhooked from Z4 slot (So I think that was what he means in disabling the zone). However, when I measure the voltage between the Z4 and COM terminals on the board (without any wiring hooked up), I don't see any voltage at all. So I wonder if he might have also disabled zone4 electrically via some sort of the alarm key pad. Or is that just a defect Z4 slot?

He is no longer here, so I would hope if someone familiar with this could help, please. My keypad is DSC PK5501. The control board is DSC PC1616. Does any one know if the keypad can allow him to disable that specific zone4 (and so I'd guess that is probably why there is no voltage), and if yes, then how do we use the keypad to enable it back?
(I know keypad can allow us to bypass a specific zone, but that is just temporary as it will be enabled back the next time we disarm the system, and so is not what I am asking here where it's about disable/enable).
Thanks.

Old 07-10-16, 10:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
In order to eliminate a point (zone) from responding..... there would need be a short across the point. In your case a short across Com and Z4. If there was not a short there then your technician went in and deleted the point from the system programming.

Do you know how to get into programming in your system ?

Old 07-10-16, 11:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Moved to correct forum. .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: