GE nx8v2 security system help

Old 07-12-16, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE nx8v2 security system help

We bought a new home completely wired with this system but not linked to an alarm company. All the doors chime when opened and then when you set a password and alarm it will set sirens off if any door is opened. I read online and changed the password and in doing so now only zone 2s door will alarm when opened. All doors still chime but when I put the code in and click stay/leave to arm it the 2 zone lights up and this is the only one that sirens go off when opened. I'm really hoping someone can tell me how to fix this.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-16, 08:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
If you are arming in stay mode, the default configuration on one of these has zone 2 preset as an interior zone that will auto bypass if armed in stay mode. Zone 1 is defaulted to being an entry/exit zone (the one that has to be opened and closed during the arming delay to prevent this behavior) all other zones default to being instant.

If the system has never been configured, you would have to go into programming and set the zones to match what they are actually being used for.

Installation manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...n%20Manual.pdf