DSC Panel - Triangle Flashes but No Text on Display

Old 07-31-16, 08:20 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC Panel - Triangle Flashes but No Text on Display

I had two DSC panels installed a year ago. The panels appear fine and display the Time. I am able to reprogram the time and date.

I recently had a trouble code. When I press *2 the Trouble triangle flashes, but no text displays on the screen. Here is the video of what the panel displays:

Video of my panel and issue: https://youtu.be/QDibLiMVmwM

My Control4 System is also connected to my alarm. On the Control 4 screen (displaying on the TV) it shows there is a TLM Trouble Restore.

Picture of my C4 display on TV:

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/...psqrtx0ezi.png

Question 1: How can I reset my Panel so it displays information again?

Question 2: How can I ensure that Phone Line and Phone Dialer are not disabled?

A. I can type *8 5555 015 7 ## and I hear confirming beeps but it displays no text and I cannot tell if it is toggling on or off

B. I can type *8 5555 380 1 ## and I hear confirming beeps but it displays no text and I cannot tell if it is toggling on or off

Question 3: I think the guy that installed my DSC panel (replacing an old system) may have disconnected my smoke detectors. How can I check this?

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by jhbturbo; 07-31-16 at 09:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-16, 08:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
You _had_ a telephone line failure that has either restored, or you turned off the Telephone Line Monitor (TLM) feature. That's why there is not trouble being displayed when you press *2. If you have a current, outstanding trouble, the trouble indicator would be lit all the time.

Since you look to have a PK-5501 model keypad, the only thing that would be displayed, normally is the time.

Old 08-01-16, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks MrRonFL!

Do you know how I can tell if I have TLM turned on or off? I see the commands for Toggling phone line and Toggling dialer, but my screen doesn't display if I am toggling on or off, I just here confirming beeps.

Thanks again.

Old 08-01-16, 04:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
On a 5501 model keypad, when you are in option programming, the small row of numbers at the top of the display will toggle on and off to indicate which options are being turned on and off. That row of numbers takes the place of the LEDs on a LED model keypad.