DSC 1616 - Away Misconfigured somehow

Old 08-01-16, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question DSC 1616 - Away Misconfigured somehow

Hey Folks, great resource, I appreciate all the contributions.

I'm taking over an existing A*T install. The AWAY is working exactly like I want it, producing a delay alarm when either the front or back doors are opened. However, in STAY mode there is no alarm, it's like the doors are bypassed.

Earlier today, the front door would trigger the alarm when in STAY and the back door would do nothing. Then I read up and tried to reconfigure the zones and now NEITHER set off the alarm when armed in STAY. Doh!

I'm arming via holding down Stay.

I've re-configured the zones as
*8 IC 001 01 01 01 05 05 03 03 03 ##

When I scroll through 001, this is the output:
1 3
1 3
1 2
1 2
1 2

I don't understand why the first three zones only have one digit while the others have two.

Zone 1 - Front Door
Zone 2 - Back Door
Zone 3 - Back Door 2
Zone 4 - Motion Front
Zone 5 - Motion Rear
Zone 6 - Glass 1
Zone 7 - Windows 1
Zone 8 - Windows 2

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-16, 05:19 PM
Are you allowing the exit and entry delay to expire? Normally 60 seconds on exit, and 30 seconds on entry.

Old 08-01-16, 07:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
Look at the translation table in the installer manual section on how to program.

On a 5501 keypad, the 8 digits at the top take the place of the LEDs on a standard keypad.

It's a progression where 1=1, 2=2, 3=4, 4=8, etc; so "1" + "3" = 5

Old 08-01-16, 07:34 PM
Ah yes, I changed the exit delay to 30 seconds but it looks like I still have to wait 90 seconds-ish. The [Green Check + Red Armed] change to just [Red Armed] and then it seems to alarm as expected.

Now I'm noticing my front motion detector always OPEN. What gives... It was fine earlier today and I haven't touched the control panel. Back Motion is working fine. Both are set to Zone type 05.

Old 08-01-16, 07:43 PM
Turns out front motion is wireless. And very insensitive to movement. I'm going to replace the battery.

Old 08-01-16, 08:32 PM
Unless the battery is dead that won't help the insensitivity. Remove the battery then remove the screw underneath, separate the 2 halves and you should see a jumper that is probably set to "slow" or pet, set the jumper to fast. That will make the motion more sensitive.
Also remember wireless motions will go into a "sleep mode" after it sees movement. You need to clear the room for at least 3 minutes before it will trip, if it detects movement within the 3 min window, it will reset for 3 minutes