Troubleshooting upgrade DSC 1832

Old 08-12-16, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Troubleshooting upgrade DSC 1832

I've installed a brand new DSC PC1832 control panel, and I cannot even get the thing started.

I've eventually removed all the wiring and put a 5k6 EOL resistor on every zone, and the 1k0 resistor on the bell output. I have one keypad LCD4501, my battery is good, my power is good. No additional modules.

When I switch on (battery first, then AC, or AC, then battery) I get a 30 sec delay as it boots up before the LCD panel says "System trouble call for service". I can't scroll through anything, no menu options are available, every push of a button beeps, but that's all. I've tried a hardware reset.

Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-16, 09:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 511 Votes on 481 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not intimately familiar with DSC panels but when I look up your keypad...... it doesn't list your new panel as one it will work on.

DSC LCD-4501

When I look in the panel requirements.... I don't see your keypad listed. It may not be compatible.

Old 08-13-16, 11:20 AM
Did you mean a lcd5501 by chance?
The lcd4501 keypad for a maxsys system. It may not work, but you should check your connections at the keypad and panel make sure red to red, green to green, etc. check the keypad wire for continuity. If all else fails use a short piece of 22/4 and connect the keypad directly to the panel.

Old 08-13-16, 11:18 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. In the Control Panel installation manual it says "Keypads
(Backward compatible with all PowerSeries keypads)" and I thought that the LCD4501 was one of those. I may be getting confused

The wiring is all good.... no mistakes there. And the keypad does boot up and show a proper message, so some of it is working.

Dang. These keypads cost more than the control panel

Old 08-14-16, 12:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
People get those MaxSys systems and the regular DSC line confused, all the time, the parts even look similar enough to make matters worse.