Ademco 20p cellular question

Old 08-14-16, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco 20p cellular question

Per my other post, AT&T installed uVerse and it seems to have screwed up my alarm dial-out. I'm thinking of just having it disconnected and going with a cellular connection.

Here's the issue: My alarm is connected directly to my local police department. They are the monitoring service, and if there is an alarm they are here in 3 minutes. So my question is: Is there a way to install a cellular connection on my Ademco 20p and pay a fee to have that connection made *directly* to my police department, without the delay of an additional monitoring service?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-16, 07:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Not really. Nearly all cellular communication solutions have to pass through a monitoring service, and are proprietary.

United Security makes a generic dialer but I will warn you that they are pricey: United Security Products Cellular Dialer Wireless Security Systems

You may come out happier with a broad band solution.

Old 08-15-16, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you call your police department to see if they support any cellular modules?

I agree with MrRonFL that most police departments that accept direct calls from your alarm will only support a phone line setup.