Vista 20p notification appliance supervision

Old 08-22-16, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 20p notification appliance supervision

I have a vista 20p with a relay connected to a Wheelock strobe sync module then going out to 5 horn/strobes. There must be a way to supervise them. I was thinking with maybe another relay, EOLR and an additional zone set to 24hr aux but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
Jason

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-16, 07:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Sending the power out through a relay like that, there's really no way to create a supervised circuit, since you aren't providing the reverse polarity supervision voltage that would be created by a normal supervised notification device circuit.

If you are trying to get this to meet AHJ compliance, there's no way to mickey-mouse a solution that would actually meet muster.

Your best bet is to get an inexpensive listed NAC power supply.

Old 08-23-16, 09:14 PM
This is for a residential installation. The owner has horn strobes connected to the vista 20p and activated by a relay. I wanted to see if there was a way to "supervise" the loop of them by some means to be notified in case of a wire cut or an issue with one of them causing power not to flow through and get to the rest. I figured there could be some way to do this. Since it's in a residence, there will be no inspection and I figured some type of supervison is better than nothing since all 2 and 4-wire smokes on the system are.

Old 08-26-16, 02:58 AM
Does anyone have any more information on this? Thanks.

Old 09-15-16, 03:43 AM
I am getting a NAC power supply for this that's compatable with the horn/strobes and will provide supervision. However, I just came across the 4204cf; a supervised NAC output relay. I'm just curious at this point if this compatable with the vista 20p? Thanks.

Old 09-15-16, 02:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 28 Votes on 27 Posts
Sadly, no. Per Honeywell, it is compatible with the commercial panels like a Vista-128, or a Vista-250, but not any of the residential panels, like a 15p or 20p.